Hounds to Open USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition Competition Today
PITTSBURGH - Today, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC will begin play in the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition against Tacoma Defiance. The virtual soccer match will take place at 7:30 p.m., and can be streamed on the club's Twitch channel.
Defender Mark Lindstrom will represent the Hounds in their match against the Defiance. Throughout the tournament, the Hounds will compete as the Belgium National Team.
The six-week tournament will feature promotion and relegation with weekly brackets across three divisions. The first week of competition will determine in which of the three divisions teams will be placed. From then, teams will earn points after each week based on performance, and the team with the most collective points at the tournament's end will be crowned champion.
Launched in 2019, FIFA20 has established itself as a top soccer video game and won Sports Game of the Year at the 23rd Annual D.I.C.E. Awards.
Riverhounds SC is proud to partner with the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank during the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition. Each dollar donated helps the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank provide five meals to local families. For more information on the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, please visit pittsburghfoodbank.org.
For more information on the USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition and its tournament format, please visit uslchampionship.com. This tournament is not affiliated with or sponsored by Electronic Arts Inc. or its licensors.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 4, 2020
- Riverhounds Development Academy Announces 2020 Graduation Class - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Preview: RGV FC Begins Play against FC Tucson - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Hounds to Open USL eCup: FIFA20 Edition Competition Today - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- 3 Things: #PITvCHS
- Dubious Disallowed Goal Leaves Hounds with 0-0 Draw in Miami
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Miami FC
- 3 Things: #MIAvPIT
- RDA Weekend Recap - October 9-10