'Hounds Send Travs to Third Straight Loss
North Little Rock, AR - The Midland RockHounds defeated the Arkansas Travelers, 6-3, on Saturday night in front of 7,321 at Dickey-Stephens Park to take the first two games of the series. It marks the first time this season that the Travs have dropped three straight. Midland has a magic number of one and can clinch the South Division first half title with a win on Sunday. Andrew Moore took the loss for the Travs giving up three runs over five innings with one walk and six strikeouts. James Naile was the winner going six innings and giving up three runs while matching a season-high with eight strikeouts. Arkansas never led in the contest as Midland scored three times in the second and seventh innings.
Moments That Mattered
* The Travs tried to rally, getting a two-runs in the fifth on a hit from Donnie Walton.
* Down four in the seventh, Arkansas loaded the bases with none out but scored just once on a sacrifice fly by Jake Fraley.
Notable Travs Performances
* 2B Donnie Walton: 3-5, 2 RBI
* RF Aaron Knapp: 2-3, run, BB
* LHP Matt Tenuta: 2.2 IP, 2 H, 3 K
News and Notes
* The Travs snapped a streak of 21 consecutive innings with scoring with their two-run fifth.
* Midland pitcher Dalton Jefferies, who was not in the game, was ejected from the game in the seventh inning after arguing a check swing call.
The Travs look to avoid a sweep on Sunday afternoon with right-hander Darren McCaughan (5-3, 2.70) on the hill against righty Brian Howard (5-3, 3.11). First pitch is set for 2:10 with fans invited to play catch on the field pregame and then kids can run the bases after the game. The game will also be broadcast on the Sports Animal 1250, the First Pitch App, TuneIn radio and milb.tv.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from June 16, 2019
- Sod Poodles Walk-Off on Drillers to Keep First-Half Clinch Hopes Alive - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Tulsa Drops Finale in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
- Chinea Drives in 4, Cardinals Sweep Hooks with 8-6 Win - Springfield Cardinals
- McCaughan Sets Tone for Travs Win - Arkansas Travelers
- Cards Complete Sweep - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Rubber-Match Rained out in Frisco - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Sunday's Game Cancelled Because of Inclement Weather - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hounds Top Arkansas, One Win Away from Postseason - Midland RockHounds
- Kohlwey, Miller Lead the Way in Sod Poodles 11-6 Victory over Drillers - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- 'Hounds Send Travs to Third Straight Loss - Arkansas Travelers
- Sod Poodles Defeat Drillers in Amarillo - Tulsa Drillers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.