Hot Hogs Return to BMO for Divisional Clash with Wild
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs continue their push for playoffs as they host the Iowa Wild on Tuesday night at the BMO Harris Bank Center.
Puck drop is at 7 p.m. and fans can tune in to all the action on Cozi TV 23.3 or Dish Network Channel 252, beginning with IceHogs Warmup at 6:30 p.m. IceHogs fans can also listen to the game at sportsfanradio1330.com or watch live at AHLlive.com (subscription required).
Matchup: The IceHogs (30-24-3-4, 5th Central) return to the BMO with points in five of the last six games and a record of 5-2-0-1 over the last eight contests since Feb. 18. Rockford has excelled on its home ice in 2017-18, leading the Central Division and sharing third in the AHL for points (41) at home.
Chris DiDomenico is skating at a point-per-game average with the IceHogs since making his team debut. The forward netted the game-winning goal in overtime against the Wolves on Sunday and now has tallied seven points in seven games with Rockford. Hogs bluliner Cody Franson also lit the lamp against Chicago and now boasts a point-per-game average of his own over the last five contests, tallying three markers and a pair of assists.
Goaltender Collin Delia will return to the ice tonight having helped the IceHogs notch points in each of his last five appearances. Delia, who was named the Player of the Week last week, enters tonight's matchup with the Wild with a 4-0-0-1 record, 1.57 GAA and .939 save percentage over his last five outings.
Iowa (28-18-8-5) arrives in Rockford with just four wins over its last 10 games. The Wild are ranked third in the Central Division and are 5-3-1-0 against the IceHogs through nine matchups in this season's series.
Forward Sam Anas paces Iowa in scoring with 49 points (20g, 29a) in 53 games in 2017-18. The winger currently shares 10th in the league in points and has collected five assists over his last two contests. However, despite his overall success on the season, Anas has managed just three points (3a) in eight games against the IceHogs in 2017-18.
With Wild goaltender Niklas Svedberg set to miss tonight's game, Iowa will turn to Steve Michalek in net. Michalek is 11-5-4 with a 2.98 GAA in 20 AHL appearances on the year.
Next Home Game: Friday, March 23 | Rockford vs. Milwaukee
The IceHogs host the Milwaukee Admirals at 7 p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Friday's contest is Country Night with a live musical performance from local country band, "StateLine," who will perform both pre and postgame on Friday. The first 2,500 fans in attendance can also complete their "Our Town, Our Team" bobblehead series with a free bobblehead of current Green Bay Packers defensive end and Rockford native, Dean Lowry.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Penguins Score in Bunches to Beat Checkers, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Penguins 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Heat Regain Playoff Spot in Jam-Packed Pacific Division - Stockton Heat
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Goaltender Ville Husso to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Madison Bowey to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO for Divisional Clash with Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Three Pivotal Central Division Matchups - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Weekly: Banged-Up Bears Search for Offense - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ortega from Utah - San Diego Gulls
- Rangers Recall Ryan Sproul from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Host Pi(E) Night and Beach Cooler Frenzy this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Head Coach Scott Gordon Signed to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Louis Domingue to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- First-Place Phantoms Back at PPL Center this Saturday, Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly: Penguins Play Checkers Tonight, Tomorrow, and Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall Ullmark from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Add Tyler Mueller to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.