Hoppers Push Gades to Brink
The Greensboro Grasshoppers beat the Hudson Valley Renegades 10-1 on Tuesday night at Dutchess Stadium.
The win pushed the Hopper to four games ahead of the Gades in the race for the final spot in the High-A East Championship Series.
The Renegades grabbed a 1-0 lead in the second on Elijah Dunham's ninth home run of the season. The Hoppers answered with one in the third before running away from there the with four in the fourth. Greensboro added single runs in the fifth and seventh and dropped a three-spot in the eighth.
Aaron Shackelford drove in three runs on three hits to lead Greensboro. He also walked twice.
Mitch Spence departed after 3.2 innings of work for the Renegades to fall to 7-6 on the season. The right-hander allowed five runs (four earned) on four hits and four walks.
Carlos Narvaez had two hits in the loss.
The Hoppers need one more win to advance to the championship series next week.
The Gades and Grasshoppers meet again on Wednesday at Dutchess Stadium at 7:05 pm.
Per the State of New York, the Renegades are now open at 100% capacity. Tickets continue to be a tremendous value starting as low as $6. Visit HVRenegades.com for ticket information and so much more.
Follow the Renegades on Social Media and listen to the "Renegades Weekly" Podcast wherever you get your podcasts.
• Discuss this story on the High-A East League message board...
High-A East League Stories from September 15, 2021
- Brooklyn Hits Three Homers, But Falls 4-3 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Big Night for De La Cruz in 4-3 Wednesday Win - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Drive Blank Ironbirds, 4-0 - Greenville Drive
- Tonight's Game Postponed - Rome Braves
- Hot Rods Reveal 2022 Schedule - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Blue Rocks Release 2022 Season Schedule - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Tourists Put Dash Away 10-1 in Game Two - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hot Rods and Blue Rocks Canceled on Wednesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Hot Rods Game Notes - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Tourists Open Road Trip with Shutout Win - Asheville Tourists
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes (September 15) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hoppers Win at Hudson Valley, Pull One Win Away from Postseason Berth - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Hoppers Push Gades to Brink - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Wilmington Rocks Bowling Green in 10-0 Shutout Tuesday - Bowling Green Hot Rods
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.