Hitmen Honour 2019-20 Award Recipients
Calgary, AB - The Calgary Hitmen today announced their full list of award winners from the 2019-20 Western Hockey League regular season.
The recipients were recognized as part of a daily rollout on social media which began on April 6. Starting with a salute to the graduating 20-year-olds in Mark Kastelic, Dakota Krebs and Kyle Olson, the ceremony culminated this afternoon with Kastelic named Player of the Year. It's the second consecutive season the Hitmen captain has received the prestigious honour and is also one of a team-leading four trophies collected by the Ottawa Senators prospect.
Kastelic also captured the 3 Star Selection Award and shared both the Jr. Hitmen Players' Choice Award with Dakota Krebs and the Leading Scorer trophy with Riley Stotts. Kastelic and Stotts each averaged more than a point per game in recording a team-high 68 points.
Krebs was the only other multi-award winner also claiming the Hockey Calgary Coaches Award.
Other highlights included Adam Kydd taking home the Chrysler Canada Inc. Scholastic Player Award in a season that saw the 17-year-old post a 91 percent average in his Grade 12 core subjects while Riley Fiddler-Schultz claimed the Humanitarian Award. The sophomore forward is also the Eastern Conference nominee for WHL Humanitarian of the Year with the Doug Wickenheiser Memorial Trophy, presented by Kia, to be handed out on May 12.
2019-20 Calgary Hitmen Team Awards
Calgary Hitmen Booster Club Fan Favourite Award Carson Focht
Humanitarian Award Riley Fiddler-Schultz
Chrysler Canada Inc. Scholastic Player Award Adam Kydd
3 Star Selection Award Mark Kastelic
Jr. Hitmen Players' Choice Award Co-winners: Mark Kastelic & Dakota Krebs
Rookie of the Year Brayden Peters
Hockey Calgary Coaches Award Dakota Krebs
Leading Scorer Award Co-winners: Mark Kastelic & Riley Stotts
Top Defenceman Award Jett Woo
Player of the Year Award Mark Kastelic
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from April 16, 2020
- Hitmen Honour 2019-20 Award Recipients - Calgary Hitmen
- This Week in History, April 12-18, 2001 - Rebels' Memorial Cup Run - Red Deer Rebels
- Two More Players Recognized as 2019-20 Year-End Awards Presented by Great Western Brewing Continue - Prince Albert Raiders
- Logan Stankoven Named Western Conference Nominee for Rookie of the Year - Kamloops Blazers
- Western Hockey League Announces Rookie of the Year Nominees for Jim Piggott Memorial Trophy - WHL
- 2019-2020 MacLean Wiedemann Lawyers LLP Most Improved Player Award Goes to Baker and Hopwo - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Dylan Guenther Named WHL Eastern Conference Rookie of the Year - Edmonton Oil Kings
- WHL Alumni of the Week: Mark Stone - Brandon Wheat Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Calgary Hitmen Stories
- Hitmen Teddy Bear Collection Happens this Weekend
- Hitmen Expand 2020 Teddy Bear Collection
- Hitmen and Siksika Health Services Partner to Present ZOOLIGHTS Skating Rink
- Hitmen to Hold a Teddy Bear Collection this Holiday Season
- CSEC to Host First Ever 'United by Community Day' on Sportsnet 960-The Fan