HFX Wanderers Launch 50/50 Online Raffle in Support of Grass Roots Soccer
Halifax, N.S. - HFX Wanderers FC have launched an online 50/50 raffle for the remainder of the Canadian Premier League's Island Games, with the money raised going to support the team's local youth soccer club partners.
The winner will be drawn September 20th following the Island Games, with the lucky person claiming 50% and the remaining funds (after administration fees) being distributed equally to Halifax Dunbrack, United DFC, Suburban FC, Storm Soccer Club, Farias Soccer Academy and Halifax County United.
"This has been a challenging year for everyone but our club partners have been especially hard hit financially so we thought we would use our platform at the Island Games to try to help them raise some much needed funds," said Wanderers club President Derek Martin. "We are all in this together and we hope all of the clubs and our fans join us in supporting these clubs so they can continue giving kids in our community access to this beautiful game."
Tickets can be purchased by visiting https://www.experiencefunding.ca/Transactions/Checkout/12651
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Premier League message board...
Canadian Premier League Stories from August 28, 2020
- HFX Wanderers Launch 50/50 Online Raffle in Support of Grass Roots Soccer - HFX Wanderers FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent HFX Wanderers FC Stories
- HFX Wanderers to Host CPL Championship Final Watch Party at Wanderers Grounds
- HFX Wanderers FC Announce Watch Party at Wanderers Grounds
- HFX Wanderers Launch 50/50 Online Raffle in Support of Grass Roots Soccer
- HFX Wanderers Honour Black Lives Matter Movement with Locally Designed T-Shirts
- HFX Wanderers FC Announce Team Captains for 2020 Season