Herd Schools College Park
OSHKOSH, Wis. - The Wisconsin Herd, the NBA G League affiliate of the Milwaukee Bucks, beat the College Park Skyhawks 117-107. A strong fourth quarter propelled the Herd to win by 10 points. The Herd scored 34 points in the fourth quarter and kept the Skyhawks to half of that with 15.
Rayjon Tucker crafted the way to a win with a double-double of 23 points and 16 rebounds. Jordan Nwora, an assignment player from the Milwaukee Bucks, added 20 points and 12 rebounds.
Jalen Johnson, an assignment player from the Atlanta Hawks, led the College Park Skyhawks with 25 points while Justin Tillman added 24 points.
The Herd opened the fourth quarter going on a 10-2 run to come within one point, 94-93. With nine minutes left in the quarter Rayjon Tucker hit a two to put the Herd up 97-96. The Herd continued to build their lead going up 109-102 with three minutes left and held on to win the game 117-107.
Jordan Nwora hit a three at the beginning of the third quarter to put the Herd up 66-64. The Herd built their lead up to 70-66 but the Skyhawks came back to tie the game 70-70. The two teams traded baskets staying within two points of each other until the Skyhawks built a lead of 11, 88-77. The Herd came back within nine points at the end of the quarter, 92-83. Rayjon Tucker had a double-double of 12 points and 10 rebounds at the end of the third quarter.
The Herd started the second quarter scoring two baskets to put them down by three, 34-31. The Herd went on a 12-8 run to take the lead back 43-42 with 6:45 left in the second quarter. The Skyhawks took the lead back with 4:46 left. The Skyhawks led by one at the half, 64-63. Rayjon Tucker led the Herd with 10 points and 8 rebounds. Jalen Lecque had seven of his 14 points in the second quarter.
The two teams traded baskets resulting in three lead changes in the first four minutes of the game. The Skyhawks scored a two to put them up 16-15 with five and a half minutes left in the first quarter. Jalen Lecque made a layup to put the Herd back on top 19-17. The two teams tied twice before the Skyhawks took the lead back 23-21 with 3:19 remaining. The Skyhawks hung on to the lead till the end of the first quarter, 34-27.
The Wisconsin Herd will play again on Wednesday, January 26 when they host the Cleveland Charge with tip-off set for 7:00 p.m. CST.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 24, 2022
- Big Second Half from Windy City Propels Win over Go-Go - Capital City Go-Go
- Windy City Surges Back to Knock off Go-Go - Windy City Bulls
- Gold Cruises to Win over Motor City 122-111 - Grand Rapids Gold
- New Orleans Pelicans Recall Didi Louzada, Naji Marshall and Trey Murphy III from Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Forward Zylan Cheatham Returns to the Birmingham Squadron - Birmingham Squadron
- Herd Schools College Park - Wisconsin Herd
- G League Ignite Tour Stops in Delaware - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Announces Initial Six Home Dates for Fifth Anniversary Season
- Wisconsin Herd Raises over $12,000 for Local Charities
- Wisconsin Herd Awarded Inaugural President's Choice Award and President Steve Brandes Named Executive of the Year
- Milwaukee Bucks Sign Rayjon Tucker
- Herd Loses Hard-Fought Comeback