Help the RoughRiders make Valentine's for Vets January 30th
CEDAR RAPIDS- The Cedar Rapids RoughRiders will be participating in the Valentines for Vets program on Tuesday, January 30th at the Union Station in conjunction with 98.1 KHAK. The event is free to attend and the team would like for their fans to help the team with this great initiative which provides Valentines to local area veterans at the V.A. Hospital prior to Valentines Day.
The event will take place at the Union Station Extension on 16th Avenue in Cedar Rapids. Doors will open at 5 pm. The RoughRiders "Lowdown on Ridertown" show will take place from 5:30 pm to 6 pm. The show is hosted by Chad Cooper, a radio personality on KHAK. Then, beginning at 6 pm the team and fans may begin to decorate their Valentines.
The local country radio station has a few requests when making the Valentines which include: No glitter, no candy and only first or last name (not both) are written on the valentines.
The RoughRiders will deliver the completed Valentines to KHAK in time to be distributed to our local veterans.
For questions or for more information please call the RoughRiders front office at 319-247-0340.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 25, 2018
- Help the RoughRiders make Valentine's for Vets January 30th - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- KINAL COMMITS TO UCONN - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Brian Fishman Internship Applications Now Being Accepted - U.S. National Team
- KFC FAMILY NIGHT THIS SATURDAY AGAINST OMAHA - Lincoln Stars
- U.S. Blanks Norway, 8-0, for Third Win at 2018 Turin Para Tournament - U.S. National Team
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.