Head Coach Scott Gordon Signed to Contract Extension
Lehigh Valley, Pa. - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms, proud AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers, are pleased to announce they have signed head coach Scott Gordon to a contract extension.
A native a Brockton, Massachusetts, Gordon, 55, is in his third season behind the bench in Lehigh Valley and has guided the Phantoms to an impressive 40-16-3-4 overall mark this season and first place in the Atlantic Division. What's more, Lehigh Valley enters the week leading all 30 AHL clubs with 87 standings points.
In three seasons with the Phantoms, Gordon has guided Lehigh Valley to a 122-74-19 overall record (612 win pct.). Last year, the Phantoms posted their highest win total (48) and highest standings point total (101) in more than a decade as the team reached the Calder Cup Playoffs for the 11th time in franchise history.
In eight seasons as a head coach in the AHL, Gordon has compiled a 343-215-13 overall record while his teams have qualified for the Calder Cup Playoffs six times.
The Phantoms are back in action for a pair of games at PPL Center next weekend. First, on Saturday, March 17, Lehigh Valley welcomes the Providence Bruins to downtown Allentown for a 7:05 p.m. clash. Then, on Sunday, March 18, the Phantoms host the Springfield Thunderbirds in a 3:05 p.m. tilt at PPL Center. Sunday's game features a Phantoms Wall Cling Giveaway to the first 2,000 kids 14 and under presented by PSECU. A limited number of tickets remain for Saturday and Sunday's games and are available HERE.
Family 3-Packs are available for select games in March including three tickets, three hot dogs and three sodas with souvenir cups. The package is available for $67.50 and fans can add extra tickets to their group for $22.50 each. The Family 3-Packs are valid for games on March 18th and March 30th. Secure your Family 3-Pack by calling the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at (610) 224-GOAL .
Reserve your group outings for the 2017-2018 season of Phantoms hockey. For more information on how to reserve your seat at PPL Center to the hottest ticket in town, call the Phantoms front office today at 610-224-GOAL !
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 13, 2018
- Penguins Score in Bunches to Beat Checkers, 5-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Fall to Penguins 5-2 - Charlotte Checkers
- Heat Regain Playoff Spot in Jam-Packed Pacific Division - Stockton Heat
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- St. Louis Blues Reassign Goaltender Ville Husso to San Antonio - San Antonio Rampage
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Re-Assign Madison Bowey to Bears - Hershey Bears
- Hot Hogs Return to BMO for Divisional Clash with Wild - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Host Three Pivotal Central Division Matchups - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bears Weekly: Banged-Up Bears Search for Offense - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Gulls Recall Ortega from Utah - San Diego Gulls
- Rangers Recall Ryan Sproul from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Host Pi(E) Night and Beach Cooler Frenzy this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Head Coach Scott Gordon Signed to Contract Extension - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Louis Domingue to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- First-Place Phantoms Back at PPL Center this Saturday, Sunday - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Weekly: Penguins Play Checkers Tonight, Tomorrow, and Celebrate St. Patrick's Day on Saturday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall Ullmark from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Sound Tigers Add Tyler Mueller to ATO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- The Bridgeport Report - Week 23 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Penguins Top Phantoms in Feisty Rivalry Affair
- Rookies Lead the Way Past Belleville
- Philadelphia Recalls G Alex Lyon from Lehigh Valley
- Phantoms Recall Krushelnyski from Royals
- Phantoms Weekly