Havoc Win Third-Straight Overtime Game
The Huntsville Havoc went to overtime again Saturday night, following up Fridays overtime come-from-behind win with a 6-5 final at the Fayetteville Marksmen. Huntsville (11-7-1) now has 6 overtime wins this season, the most in the SPHL. The Havoc were led by a pair of goals from both Kyle Sharkey and Tyler Piacentini. John Schiavo tallied the first goal for the Havoc, tying the game late in the first before Piacentini scored his first of the night just before the period ended. Schiavo's goal was his second in as many games and his second since joining the Havoc. Huntsville went on to secure a 4-1 lead thanks to another goal from Piacentini and Sharkey's first goal at the 14:05 mark of the second. Fayetteville mounted a comeback late in the second and through the third period, but Tanner Karty would seal the game with the game winning goal 3:24 into the overtime period.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from December 15, 2019
- Bulls Lose to Quad City in Shootout - Birmingham Bulls
- Ernst Hat Trick Helps Rivs Earn Point - Peoria Rivermen
- Havoc Win Third-Straight Overtime Game - Huntsville Havoc
- Thunderbolts Sweep Rivermen, Win 6th Straight - Evansville Thunderbolts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.