Hassan Ndam Joins Miami FC on Loan Ahead of 2020 Season
MIAMI, Fla. - Miami FC announced on Saturday the arrival of defender Hassan Ndam, who joins the club on loan from Major League Soccer's FC Cincinnati for the 2020 USL Championship season*.
Ndam, 21, signed with MLS' New York Red Bulls in March 2017, making his pro debut for Red Bulls II of the USL Championship later that month. During his two seasons in the Red Bull system, Ndam made 57 appearances for Red Bulls II, while adding four more appearances at the MLS level.
"Hassan brings more experience to our roster, which we're looking forward to," said Head Coach Nelson Vargas. "He'll fit perfectly in an already strong back line and with plenty of USL games in his short career it will help us get ready for a very tough upcoming season."
Ahead of the 2019 season, FC Cincinnati selected Ndam in the MLS Expansion Draft. He would later be loaned out to USL Championship side Charlotte Independence, making six appearances with the club.
Originally from Cameroon, the center back began his professional career back in his native country playing for Rainbow FC.
*Pending Federation Approval
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from February 1, 2020
- Rowdies Sign Goalkeeper Ian McGrane - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hassan Ndam Joins Miami FC on Loan Ahead of 2020 Season - Miami FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Miami FC Stories
- Miami FC's Home Opener Scheduled for Friday Is Suspended
- Miami FC Announces Major Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Helbiz
- Local Miami FC Players Look Back at Memorable Weston Cup Moments
- Miami FC and New York City FC Play to Scoreless Draw in Preseason Friendly
- Miami FC Lose Preseason Match against Minnesota United FC