Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #17
TONIGHT'S GAME The Senators try to even the three-game series against Trenton on Tuesday night. The Thunder handed the Senators their fourth straight loss with a 3-1 victory in the series opener. The Senators went just 3-7 against the Thunder last season. Trenton also clinched the Eastern League Eastern Division championship last season at FNB Field with their 6-4 win on August 18, 2017. The two clubs play a total of ten games against each other this season, with the first seven at ARM & HAMMER Park.
DJ TURN IT UP Daniel Johnson is currently on a six-game hitting streak during which he is batting .357 (10-28). Johnson combined to hit for the cycle across the last two games. The 22-year-old went 3-4 with a home run and a double on Sunday, and Monday night he went 1-4 with the lone hit his first triple at Double-A. Johnson is also tied for fourth in the Eastern League with six stolen bases.
ROSTER MOVEMENT The Senators made a number of roster moves prior to Monday night's series opener against Trenton. Catcher Matt Reistetter and infielder Jacob Wilson were both promoted to Syracuse. In corresponding moves, infielder Drew Ward was activated from the 7-day disabled list and infielder Austin Davidson was promoted to the Senators from Potomac.
RBI TIME Yadiel Hernandez drove in a career-high five RBI in the last game against Hartford on April 22. It's already the second five RBI game of the season by a Senators player after Zach Collier accomplished the feat on opening night April 5 at Bowie. Last season, the Senators had just one five RBI game, when Khayyan Norfork drove in 5 against Portland on July 30.
THAT STINGS The Senators' 11-9 loss in the series finale to Hartford was their third loss this season when leading after either the seventh or eighth inning, the highest amount in the Eastern League. The loss was also the Senators first when scoring first in a game as they are now 5-1 in such games.
YOU AGAIN? The Senators are in the midst of a stretch where they play 13 of their next 16 games against either Hartford or Trenton. The lone other team they play during this period is Altoona at FNB Field from April 27-29.
SENATORS STARTING PITCHER Jaron Long starts against his former team in game two of the series. The right-hander allowed one run on five hits in his first and only start with the Senators this season on April 19 against Reading. Long pitched for Trenton during parts of both the 2014 and 2015 season. For more information on Long, please turn to page two of the game notes.
TRENTON STARTING PITCHERS The Thunder counter with starter Brian Keller. The right-hander is 0-2 with a 7.84 ERA across two starts this season. Keller allowed three runs over five and two-thirds innings in his last start against Erie on April 18. The 23-year-old is in his first season with Trenton and was originally selected by the Yankees in 39th round of the 2016 draft.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from April 24, 2018
- RubberDucks Use Solid Start, Big Offense to Down Reading - Akron RubberDucks
- Hartford with Three in the Eighth to Beat 'Dogs 4-1 - Portland Sea Dogs
- RubberDucks Win Wet One 7-1 - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Shut out Senators, Take Series - Trenton Thunder
- Metzler's Homer by a 'Mylz' Sparks Eighth Inning Rally for Goats' Fifth Straight Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Trenton Wins Series with 1-0 Shutout - Harrisburg Senators
- History-Making Night for Vlad Jr. as 'Cats Corral Rumble Ponies - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Fisher Cats Club Ponies, 9-4 - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Flying Squirrels Postponed in Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox, Flying Squirrels Postponed on Tuesday - Bowie Baysox
- Curve and SeaWolves Postponed on Tuesday - Altoona Curve
- Erie SeaWolves vs. Altoona Curve - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Harrisburg Senators Game Notes at Trenton - Game #17 - Harrisburg Senators
- Sea Dogs Game Notes April 24th at Hartford - Portland Sea Dogs
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Rumble Ponies (7-8) vs. Fisher Cats (11-5) - 6:35 pm - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Rams Basketball Alumni Join Squirrels for VCU Night - Richmond Flying Squirrels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.