Hammerheads Win in Extras
Jupiter, FL - Mason Davis rounded third and jetted for home on an Angel Reyes infield single in the 11th inning, scoring on a wild throw by Zander Wiel, giving the Hammerheads a 3-2 win Thursday night.
Davis who was on second base when the ball was hit, never slowed down after reaching third and easily scored after Weil's throw went over catcher Kevin Garcia's head.
Jupiter was holding onto a 2-1 lead entering the ninth, but Ft. Myers loaded the bases and eventually tied the game on Wiel's sac-fly, sending the game into extras.
The Hammerheads, who have played 41 innings in the last three days after being rained out the previous four, will play their final home game of 2017 tomorrow.
RHP Ben Meyer (3-3, 2.10 ERA) will get the start for Jupiter. He'll be opposed by LHP Anthony Marzi, who's making his first start with Ft. Myers.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from September 1, 2017
- Hammerheads Win in Extras - Jupiter Hammerheads
- Thorpe Fans Career High 11 in Extra Inning Loss - Fort Myers Miracle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jupiter Hammerheads Stories
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium Announces 2019 Spring Training Schedule
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium to Offer Special Ticket Discount for North Palm Beach Residents for Fireworks & Mega Bash
- Monday's Game Postponed; Double Header Scheduled for Tuesday
- 9TH Inning Rally Not Enough in Series Opening Loss
- Hammerheads Earn 20th Win of the Season