Growlers Sign Goaltender Evan Cormier
ST. JOHN'S, NL - The Newfoundland Growlers, ECHL affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs, are pleased to announce that Bowmanville, Ontario native Evan Cormier has signed a Standard Player Contract (SPC) with the club for the upcoming 2021-22 ECHL season.
Cormier, a 23-year-old goaltender, has split his time between the American Hockey League and ECHL over the past three seasons. He appeared in 11 games with AHL Binghamton last season, registering a 3.40 GAA and an .888 save percentage.
During his time in the ECHL with the Adirondack Thunder he went 4-9-7, registering a 3.60 GAA and a .882 save percentage. Cormier was a fourth-round draft pick of the Devils in 2016.
Cormier signed a Professional Tryout Contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs earlier this season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 13, 2021
- Crinella, Watts Added to Training Camp Roster - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Transactions - October 13 - ECHL
- Lohan, Luchuk Return from AHL Camp - Orlando Solar Bears
- Oilers Receive Trio from Gulls - Tulsa Oilers
- Postgame Family Skates Add Extra Fun to Mariners Games - Maine Mariners
- Stingrays Add Pair of Forwards to Tryout Contracts - South Carolina Stingrays
- Kirill Ustimenko, Charlie Gerard Join Royals - Reading Royals
- Growlers Sign Goaltender Evan Cormier - Newfoundland Growlers
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: October 14-30 - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.