Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees
Fresno, California - After scoring 33 runs in the past two contests, the Fresno Grizzlies (8-6) went quiet in the finale, falling to the Salt Lake Bees (4-9) 12-1 Thursday night. Brandon Snyder supplied the only Grizzly run, a towering clout to left field in the seventh inning. He has gone deep in back-to-back nights while Fresno has now homered in 14 straight games to start the season.
Salt Lake's offense buzzed all evening, tallying 11 hits with three leaving the park. Luis Rengifo (solo), Jared Walsh (solo) and Cesar Puello (2-run) were the recipients of the dingers. Bo Way and Wilfredo Tovar both knocked in a pair of runs with extra baggers for the Bees.
Grizzlies starter Paolo Espino (1-1) suffered the loss while Salt Lake righty Griffin Canning (1-0) earned the victory. He dazzled for six scoreless frames, striking out six. Former Fresno reliever Matt Ramsey finished the ninth for the Bees.
Top Performers: Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals)
- RF Brandon Snyder (2-4, HR, RBI, R; 1.0 IP, 3 K)
- RHP Tanner Rainey (2.0 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K)
- CF Andrew Stevenson (2-4)
Top Performers: Salt Lake Bees (Los Angeles Angels)
- 2B Luis Rengifo (3-4, HR, 3 RBI, 2 R)
- LF Cesar Puello (3-4, HR, 2 RBI, 2 R, BB)
- RHP Griffin Canning (6.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Friday April 19 Las Vegas Aviators (Home) RHP Henderson Alvarez (Fresno) vs. RHP Tanner Anderson (Las Vegas) 7:05 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: With Brandon Snyder's home run in the bottom of the seventh, the Grizzlies have now gone deep in every game this season (14). Infielder Jacob Wilson leads the club with seven longballs. The Seattle Mariners set an MLB record by recording a homer in 20 straight contests to start the 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 19, 2019
- Late Runs Send Cubs to Win in Series Opener - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Rainiers Blanked for First Time in Albuquerque Series Opener - Tacoma Rainiers
- Keel Goes Seven, Stifles Reno - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Scores 10 to Down Oklahoma City - Iowa Cubs
- Starling, Chasers Slice 'Cakes 10-4 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Omaha Chases Neidert, Rolls Past 'Cakes 10-4 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Rain Postpones Round Rock at Memphis Series Opener - Round Rock Express
- Redbirds, Express Postponed Friday Night - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Postponed for Second Straight Night - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Missions Postponed at First Tennessee Park - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (4-10) vs. San Antonio Missions (7-7) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (7-7) vs. Round Rock Express (9-5) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 19, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Introduce "New Mexico 3-Pack" - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Canning Tosses Gem in Bees Blowout Win - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats cannot solve Aviators as bullpen falters again - Sacramento River Cats
- Grizzlies canâ??t complete sweep, fall 12-1 to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chasers Topple Dodgers 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Late Homer Nips El Paso - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Young, Jr. Throttles Game-Winner, Miller Cuts Down Tying Run to Secure Rainiers Victory in El Paso - Tacoma Rainiers
- Omaha Wins Series in OKC with Thursday Victory - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Berti, Holaday Homers Help Baby Cakes Take Series from Cubs - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Iowa Falls Short in New Orleans - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes, Aces Split Doubleheader - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Split Doubleheader in Albuquerque, Win 750th Game - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.