Grizzles Fall to Bees 12-9
The Fresno Grizzlies (9-10) crushed two homers but fell 12-9 to the Salt Lake Bees (12-7) Monday night at Chukchansi Park.
Six Salt Lake batters recorded RBI in the first four innings to put the Bees ahead 9-0. Rey Navarro (2-for-5) started the scoring with a two-run homer to right in the second, and added a third RBI the following inning. Two walks and four consecutive base hits did the damage in the third, with RBI from Shane Robinson, Dustin Ackley and Ramon Flores (3-for-5) doing the work in the fourth.
Colin Moran (2-for-5) put the Grizzlies on the board 9-1 in the fourth, launching a home run to right. The solo shot was his third homer of the season and second in consecutive games. In his last two games Moran is 4-for-8 with two home runs, seven RBI, three runs and a walk. Reid Brignac and Juan Centeno scored when A.J. Reed (2-for-4) cut the Grizzlies' deficit to 9-3 with a two-RBI single in the fifth.
The Bees added three runs to their lead in the eighth to go ahead 12-3, but a two-RBI single from Moran who eventually scored in the home half of the inning made the score 12-6. Tyler White went yard in the ninth when he crushed his second homer for two runs. Reed was on base, having previously scored Tony Kemp in the final frame. The score became 12-9 and would remain that way for the Bees. Salt Lake starter Troy Scribner (2-0) pitched five solid innings, allowing three runs on six hits and two walks with six strikeouts in the win.
Keegan Yuhl (1-3) went four innings for the Grizzlies, allowing nine runs (eight earned) on ten hits and two walks. Yuhl did not record a strikeout in the loss, but Fresno relievers registered three while allowing three runs on nine hits and no walks. The 19 hits allowed tied a 2017 high for most hits in a game by an opponent. This last happened in the 21-6 loss at Las Vegas on April 11, also the last time Andrew Aplin made a relief appearance for Fresno. Aplin pitched a perfect ninth Monday night.
The Grizzlies look to tie the series with the Bees in the finale on Tuesday at 11:05 a.m. Probable starters are RHP Alex Blackford (1-0, 3.18) for Salt Lake and RHP Edison Frias (1-1, 4.40) for Fresno.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 25, 2017
- Sounds and Sky Sox Postponed in Colorado Springs - Nashville Sounds
- Sky Sox Postpone April 25 Game Due to Rain - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Salt Lake Slips by Fresno - Salt Lake Bees
- Bees Return Home for LEGO Weekend - Salt Lake Bees
- Tacos Drop Series Finale to Bees - Fresno Grizzlies
- Salt Lake Bees Return Home for LEGO Weekend - Salt Lake Bees
- Dodgers Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- 51s Host Albuquerque & Tacoma from April 27 - May 5 - Las Vegas 51s
- Toups, Chasers Too Much for Baby Cakes - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes and Rainiers Series Finale Postponed - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds At Oklahoma City Dodgers - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - April 25, 2017 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Grizzles Fall to Bees 12-9 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Bees Bats Blast Grizzlies - Salt Lake Bees
- Offensive Outburst Sends Isotopes to Victory - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Rolled by Isotopes, 12-8 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Blowout Chihuahuas 2-1 Monday Night - Reno Aces
- Sky Sox Withstand Nashville, 8-3 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Woodruffs - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Comeback Falls Short as Sounds Lose to Sky Sox - Nashville Sounds
- Round Rock Thumps Iowa 9-2 - Round Rock Express
- Chihuahuas Fall 12-1 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa's Defense Falters in Loss to Round Rock - Iowa Cubs
- Masterson, Geltz Shut Out Redbirds, 3-0 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sierra Does It All in Baby Cakes' Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fresno Grizzlies Stories
- Fresno Grizzlies "Wild About Reading" Program Reaches 1 Millionth Student
- Jake Owen to Play Chukchansi Park on September 15
- Fresno Grizzlies New Ownership Introduced
- Fresno Grizzlies Set 2018 Promotional Schedule
- Grizzlies to Play as Zamunda Lions on "Coming to Fresno" Night, June 21