Griffins Sign Ehn to ATO
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - The Grand Rapids Griffins on Wednesday signed center Christoffer Ehn to an amateur tryout.
Ehn, 21, logged 13 points (4-9 - 13) in 52 games for Frolunda HC of the Swedish Hockey League this season and contributed a goal and an assist in 14 postseason appearances.
The 6-foot-3, 181-pound center helped Frolunda win the league championship in 2015-16, logging two assists in 37 regular season contests and a one assist in 16 playoff games.
Detroit's third choice, 106th overall, in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft, Ehn has played in 97 SHL games with Frolunda since 2013-14 and tallied 15 points (4-11 - 15) and 14 penalty minutes. He chipped in five points (2-3 - 5) in 13 games with BIK Karlskoga in 2015-16 and appeared in four games with IK Oskarshamn in 2014-15, both of Sweden's second-highest pro league.
A native of Linkoping, Sweden, Ehn represented his country at the 2016 and 2015 World Junior Championships and scored a combined four points (1-3 - 4) in 14 games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 19, 2017
- San Diego Gulls Season Review - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Battle Admirals in Central Division Semifinals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Oilers Recall Four from Bakersfield - Bakersfield Condors
- Griffins Sign Ehn to ATO - Grand Rapids Griffins
- NEWS Hurricanes Assign Janne Kuokkanen to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Ontario Reign, Hope Reigns Foundation and Wildcats Hockey Announce - Ontario Reign
- Griffins Announce Finalists of Media Room Makeover Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Fitzpatrick Signs with Wolves - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.