Gregory to Coach Twisters in 07
(North Little Rock, AR) - John Gregory has agreed to return as head coach of the Arkansas Twisters for the 2007 season after leading the team to its best season in franchise history.
"We accomplished some pretty big things last season," said Gregory from his home in South Carolina. "But we have unfinished business in 2007 and that's bringing the ArenaCup to Arkansas."
The Twisters finished the entire season with a franchise record 12 wins and a berth in the National Conference Finals. The Twisters also won 10 regular season games, second most in franchise history.
Gregory's work with quarterbacks in arena football is well known, and it continued with Walter Church during the '06 season. Church passed for 81 touchdowns; third most in franchise history and three receivers finished the season with more than 10 touchdown receptions each.
The Twisters also beat rival Tulsa three times during the season and playoffs, while earning its first wins ever over perennial powerhouse teams Macon, Tennessee Valley, and Oklahoma City.
The Arkansas Twisters begin the new season in the spring of 2007, but season tickets are on sale now. Season tickets start as low as $64 in the lower bowl and fans can call 501-975-KICK to place their order.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from January 4, 2007
- Texas Copperheads Announce New Director of Media Relations - Texas Copperheads
- Vipers tryout set for February 4 - Alabama Vipers
- Twisters All-Time Leading Receiver Returns to Team - Arkansas Diamonds
- Twisters Schedule Released - Arkansas Diamonds
- Haege Returning as Defensive Coordinator - Arkansas Diamonds
- Former Twisters Players Sign with AFL - Arkansas Diamonds
- Gregory to Coach Twisters in 07 - Arkansas Diamonds
- Former Razorback Returns to Twisters - Arkansas Diamonds
- Manchester Wolves Coach To Represent AFL and af2 at Senior All-Star Game In Honolulu - Manchester Wolves