Greenville Wins Special Teams Battle
Allen, Texas - The Allen Americans, ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild (NHL), and Iowa Wild (AHL), dropped a 4-1 decision to the Greenville Swamp Rabbits on Thursday night in the first-ever meeting between the two teams.
The Americans outshot and outplayed Greenville in every area on Thursday night except special teams. The Swamp Rabbits had a power play goal, a shorthanded goal, and an empty net goal, in their three-goal win over the Americans. The loss was the third in a row for Allen.
"A lot of what you saw tonight was a team that hasn't played in 10 days, "said Americans Head Coach Steve Martinson. "We'll be much better tomorrow night."
Corey Mackin had the only goal on Thursday night, his team-leading 11th of the season, giving him his team-leading 22nd point.
The Americans outshot Greenville 43 to 21 for the game. Les Lancaster led the way with six shots on net. Eight new players on the lineup card on Thursday night for Allen.
The same two teams battle it out again tomorrow night at 6:05 pm CST with the pregame show on the air at 5:50 pm.
The Americans next home game is on Wednesday, March 3rd against the Utah Grizzlies.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 25, 2021
- Swamp Rabbits Emerge Victorious Behind Bednard's Big Night - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Greenville Wins Special Teams Battle - Allen Americans
- Defenseman Sissons Assigned to Florida - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - February 25 - ECHL
- Roster Moves Continue for Solar Bears - Orlando Solar Bears
- Game Day Preview: Allen at Greenville - Allen Americans
- SC Unveils 2021 Promotional Schedule Additions - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades Partner with MDA for First Responders Weekend - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.