Government of Saskatchewan addresses support for junior hockey
REGINA - Please see the following statement from the Regina Pats Hockey Club regarding the Government of Saskatchewan's announced support for the province's junior hockey teams:
The Regina Pats would like to extend our thanks to the Government of Saskatchewan for today's strong show of support for junior hockey across the province. Today's announcement helps ensure that Saskatchewan's five Western Hockey League clubs and the 11 Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League clubs based in the province remain an active part of our communities.
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a profound impact on Saskatchewan, most notably on our healthcare system and the livelihoods of many. Our belief is that junior hockey, as it has in the past, will play an integral role in providing Saskatchewan with a sense of community and joy when we're able to safely return to the rink.
For more details, please contact Pats Director of Brand Marketing and Communications Evan Daum (email@example.com | 780-266-4432).
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2021
- Government of Saskatchewan Announces New Funding to Support Junior Hockey - Saskatoon Blades
- Statement from the Raiders Regarding the Government of Saskatchewan's Announcement of Support for Junior Hockey - Prince Albert Raiders
- Government of Saskatchewan Announces New Funding to Support Junior Hockey - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Government of Saskatchewan addresses support for junior hockey - Regina Pats
- Oil Kings Video Coach Michael Chan Hired by Toronto Marlies - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.