Goaltender Daniel Murphy Commits to Erie
Erie, Pennsylvania - Erie Otters General Manager Dave Brown announced this morning that goaltender Daniel Murphy, Erie's 15th round pick at the 2016 OHL Priority Selection, has committed to the team and agreed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement.
Murphy, a 6'1", 185-pound netminder from Guelph, Ontario was selected 301st overall by the Otters in 2016. The 17-year-old has appeared in 16 games for the Mississauga Chargers of the OJHL during their current season, posting a record of 6-7-2 with a 2.91 goals against average and a .917 save percentage. His four shutouts are tied for the OJHL lead. Daniel will join the team on their current road trip.
Ticket packages are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Erie Otters front office located at 201 E. 8th Street in Erie, or by calling 814-455-7779. Single game tickets can be purchased in person at the Erie Insurance Arena box office located at 809 French Street, online at www.erieevents.com, or by calling 814-452-4857.
For more information on the Erie Otters and for media inquiries, please contact Aaron Cooney at email@example.com .
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2017
- Goaltender Daniel Murphy Commits to Erie - Erie Otters
- 6-3 Loss VS Guelph - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Chad Denault Named OHL Academic Player of the Month - Peterborough Petes
- Nikita Okhotyuk to Join Russia for World Junior a Challenge - Ottawa 67's
- OHL Academic Players of the Month for November - OHL
- Annual Teddy Bear Toss Game Taking Place on Thursday's - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.