Goaltender Chris Nell Reassigned to Maine Mariners
HARTFORD: Hartford Wolf Pack General Manager Chris Drury announced today that the parent New York Rangers have reassigned goaltender Chris Nell from the Wolf Pack to its ECHL affiliate, the Maine Mariners.
Nell, a second-year pro out of Bowling Green University, has appeared in two games with the Wolf Pack this season, totaling 71 minutes of action, and is 1-0-0 with one goal-against on 37 shots. Prior to being reassigned to the Wolf Pack February 20, Nell played 27 ECHL games for the Greenville Swamp Rabbits, going 11-14-0 with a 3.09 goals-against average, an 89.9% save percentage and one shutout. He has also appeared in four games with the Mariners (1-3-0, 3.53 GAA, 90.2% save percentage).
Nell was signed as a free agent by the Rangers March 23, 2017.
The next action for the Wolf Pack is a home game this Wednesday night, March 13 vs. the Binghamton Devils. Faceoff is 7:00 PM, and that is another chance to take advantage of the Wolf Pack's "Click It or Ticket Family Value Pack", which includes two tickets, two hot dogs and two sodas, all for just $40.
Tickets for all 2018-19 Wolf Pack home games are on sale now at the Agera Energy Ticket Office at the XL Center, on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com and by phone at (877) 522-8499. Tickets purchased in advance for kids 12 or younger start at just $13 each, and all tickets will have a $3 day-of-game increase.
Season ticket information for the Wolf Pack's 2018-19 AHL season can be found on-line at www.hartfordwolfpack.com. To speak with a representative about all of the Wolf Pack's many attractive ticketing options, call (855) 762-6451.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 11, 2019
- Wolves Insider: Eight Straight Home Wins for First-Place Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Announce Roster Moves - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Trevor Yates Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sens Come Back in the Third to Beat Toronto - Belleville Senators
- Amerks Weekly - Week of March 11 - Rochester Americans
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: March 11 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Michael Stone from Conditioning Assignment - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, March 11-17 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- First Place Condors Home Wednesday and Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Mason Mitchell Re-Assigned to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Gulls Release Ryan Tesink from Professional Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Battle of Ontario Returns to Scotiabank Arena - Toronto Marlies
- Dube Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Stockton Heat
- Stockton's Dillon Dube Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Chris Nell Reassigned to Maine Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- March 14 Marks Second Annual Go Green Game for Winnipeg Jets - Manitoba Moose
- Luchuk Recalled from Loan with Brampton - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Recall Garret Cockerill from ECHL's Reading Royals - Cleveland Monsters
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Marlies, March 11 - Belleville Senators
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.