Go-Go Advance to Second Round; Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Skyhawks
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Capital City Go-Go, the NBA G League affiliate of the Washington Wizards, defeated the College Park Skyhawks, 131-122, to earn their first-ever playoff victory and advance to the second round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs on Tuesday night at the Entertainment and Sports Arena.
The Go-Go extended their home winning streak to nine games with the win, while also snapping College Park's 11-game winning streak they carried into the game. Capital City jumped out to a 15-point advantage in the first quarter and led the entire game despite several comeback attempts by College Park - as they closed within a single possession several times in the second half. The Go-Go's paint presence once again took over, as they outscored the Skyhawks 74-60 down low.
Four Go-Go players scored 20+ points on the night, led by Jordan Goodwin's 26 points, 10 assists and four steals. Joel Ayayi also tallied a double-double with 21 points and 10 rebounds. Jordan Schakel had 21 points and six rebounds, Jaime Echenique had 22 points, seven rebounds and four blocks and Cassius Winston scored 18 points off the bench for Capital City, who shot .532 from the field as a team.
Justin Tillman led all scorers with 30 points and 14 rebounds, while Hawks two-way player Sharife Cooper scored 19 points and added 13 assists. Seven total players scored in double-figures for the Skyhawks, including all five starters.
The Go-Go will continue their playoff sprint with a trip to the first-seeded Raptors 905 in Mississauga on Thursday, April 7.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 6, 2022
- Blue Coats Advance with First Round Win over Long Island Nets - Delaware Blue Coats
- Go-Go Advance to Second Round; Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Skyhawks - Capital City Go-Go
- Squadron Concludes Inaugural Season with Loss in Western Conference Quarterfinals - Birmingham Squadron
- Mcclung's Big Night Leads South Bay Lakers to Western Conference Semifinals - South Bay Lakers
- Santa Cruz Warriors Season Ends with Loss to South Bay Lakers, 134-123 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Texas Takes First-Ever Playoff Win in Birmingham - Texas Legends
- Coats Advance: Delaware Wins Quarterfinal Showdown with Long Island - Delaware Blue Coats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Go-Go Announce Six 2022-23 Priority Dates
- Go-Go Advance to Second Round; Earn Wire-To-Wire Victory over Skyhawks
- Capital City to Host College Park in NBA G League Playoffs
- Greg Monroe Earns Call-Up with Utah
- Go-Go Push Winning Streak to Five with Victory over Magic