Ginsberg Commits to Suffolk
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - Defenseman Ben Ginsberg of the Corpus Christi IceRays has committed to play NCAA Division III hockey for Suffolk University in Boston. The Needham, Mass., native will begin his student-athlete career with the Rams of the New England Hockey Conference (NEHC) in the 2019-20 season.
"We are very excited for Ben and this is a very well-deserved commitment," said IceRays GM/Head Coach Ryan Cruthers. "Ben gave us everything he had every day while being the ultimate teammate and leader for us. Watching how quickly he developed before the injury, I am excited to see how well he does at the college level. We wish Ben the best of luck and are very proud of him."
Ginsberg, 20, appeared in eight regular season contests for Corpus Christi before suffering a season-ending injury Dec. 14, 2018 at Odessa. The 6-foot-1, 205-pound, left-shot blueliner is the 11th player on the current IceRays roster to commit to an NCAA school.
The IceRays return to action Feb. 28 and March 1 at home against the Shreveport Mudbugs. Thursday, Feb. 28 is a 10:00 AM CT school-day game and Friday, March 1 is a 7:05 PM CT faceoff.
Visit goicerays.com or call 361-814-PUCK (7825) for tickets or more information. Stay connected with the IceRays on Facebook (/CorpusChristiIceRays), Twitter (@goicerays) and Instagram (CorpusChristiIceRays).
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 22, 2019
- Odessa Falls to Amarillo 8-2 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Pietila Nets a Pair and McClellan Stops 21 as the Bruins Tame the Wilderness, 3-1 - Austin Bruins
- Steel Can't Fly Past Magicians - Chippewa Steel
- Comeback Effort Falls Short in Clash with Johnstown - Maryland Black Bears
- Benwell Nets Hat Trick in 5-3 Win over Black Bears - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Ginsberg Commits to Suffolk - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Wings vs. Minotauros this Weekend at the Odde - Aberdeen Wings
- Measuring Stick - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.