Gill, Americans Extend Series After 4-0 Win over Colorado
Loveland, CO - The Allen Americans faced the Colorado Eagles on Sunday afternoon in a do-or-die situation for Allen. Down 3-0 in the series, the Americans stayed alive with a 4-1 victory on Thursday night.
Allen jumped on the board early, when Chad Costello (3) netted a play goal at 2:27 of the opening frame. The score remained unchanged over the next two periods, with Colorado maintaining the shot edge 20-15 but trailing Allen 1-0.
The Americans added a pair of goals in the opening minutes of the third frame from Tyler Barnes (3) and then Gary Steffes (2), just 58 seconds apart to extended Allen to a 3-0 lead. Spencer Asuchak (2) then cemented the victory with an empty net shorthanded goal late in the period at 16:39.
The first star of the game Riley Gill was amazing in net, stopping all 35 Colorado shots and leading the team to a critical game five win. With the victory, Allen stays alive and the series heads back to home ice this week. The Americans trail Colorado in the best-of-seven series 3-2.
Game six of the ECHL Kelly Cup Mountain Division Championship series between the Allen Americans and the Colorado Eagles is on Tuesday night. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05PM CST at the Allen Event Center.
Americans Next Home Game
ECHL Kelly Cup Playoffs Round 2
Tuesday, May 9th, 2017
vs. Colorado Eagles
Venue: Allen Event Center 7:05 PM
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 7, 2017
- Gill's 35-Save Shutout Moves Series Back to Texas - Colorado Eagles
- Gill, Americans Extend Series After 4-0 Win over Colorado - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Allen Americans Sign Mike Gunn for the 2018-2019 Season
- Americans Announce NHL Affiliation with the Minnesota Wild
- Americans Add Forward Butcher, Affiliation Announcement Coming this Saturday
- Americans Sign Captain Joel Chouinard
- Americans Extend Qualifying Offers