Giants Sign Forward Ty Halaburda to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
Vancouver, B.C. - General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Vancouver Giants have signed 2005-born forward Ty Halaburda (Victoria, B.C.) to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
Halaburda was drafted by the G-Men with the 32nd overall pick in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft. During the 2019-20 season he served as captain for the CSSBHL's Pacific Coast Bantam Prep program. The 5'10", 146-pound forward registered 27 goals along with 26 assists for 53 points in 28 games while adding a goal and two assists in two playoff games. He was the first forward and the first BC-born player selected by Vancouver in the 2020 Draft.
"Ty's coaches and our scouts can't say enough about his work ethic and his exceptional character and leadership," said Barclay Parneta. "He's a strong skater with a high hockey IQ. He displayed a skillset to make exciting plays with attention to defensive responsibility. We see a ton of upside. We're thrilled that he and his family have committed to the Vancouver Giants.
"Signing with the Vancouver Giants is a dream come true," adds Ty Halaburda. "I'm looking forward to what the future has in store for me and I'm going to continue working hard to join the Giants as fast as possible."
Ty Halaburda marks the second 2020 Draft selection by the Giants to sign with the team, joining first-round pick Mazden Leslie who signed yesterday. He is eligible to play in five games with the Giants as an under-ager during the 2020-21 season.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 1, 2020
- Broncos Sign Brady Birnie to Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- T-Birds Sign Scott Ratzlaff - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Winnipeg ICE Sign Hayden Pakkala to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
- Chadwick Signs with Hurricanes - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- 2020 Western Hockey League Awards Celebration to Begin May 4 - WHL
- Hitmen Sign Prospect Oliver Tulk - Calgary Hitmen
- Royals Sign Top Pick Austin Zemlak - Victoria Royals
- Giants Sign Forward Ty Halaburda to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Select Slovakian Defenceman Marko Stacha with 90th Overall Pick in 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Giants Select Swedish Forward Fabian Lysell 30th Overall in the 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Two Giants Prospects Named to Team Canada's U-17 Summer Development Camp
- Byram Named to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp
- Michael Dyck Named An Assistant Coach for Canada's National Junior Team