Giants Co-Owner Michael Buble Appointed to the Order of British Columbia
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Giants co-owner Michael Bublé will soon be receiving the highest form of recognition from his hometown province. On Monday Michael Bublé was one of 13 British Columbians named to the Order of British Columbia for 2020. The official announcement came via the B.C. Government.
Bublé, who hails from Burnaby, B.C., is a four-time Grammy Award winning performer who has sold over 75-million records worldwide. He joined the Vancouver Giants ownership group in December, 2008.
"As the representative of the Crown in British Columbia and chancellor of the Order of British Columbia, I am delighted to welcome 13 new members to the order," said Lt. Gov. Janet Austin in a release on Monday morning. "They have helped us to grow as a province, taught us to care for our environment, enriched our lives with literature and art, helped us to address past injustices and inspired us to become a more caring and inclusive society. To recognize these remarkable people, who are changing our communities for the better in many ways, is an honour of great personal significance to me."
Premier John Horgan added, "Congratulations on receiving this well-deserved honour. Your many contributions have enriched the lives of British Columbians and helped make our province an even better place."
The official Order of B.C. induction ceremony is scheduled to take place in Victoria some time in 2021.
The entire Vancouver Giants ownership group, management team, staff and players would like to congratulate Michael along with his wife Luisana and their three children: Noah, Elias and Vida for receiving this prestigious honour.
- To learn more about the Order of British Columbia, click here: http://www.orderofbc.gov.bc.ca/.
- To read bios of all 13 winners, click here: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/OBC_BG1_Bios_FINAL_corrected.pdf.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 6, 2020
- WHL Pushes Season Start Back Until December - Red Deer Rebels
- WHL Announces Adjusted Start Date for 2020-21 Regular Season - WHL
- Giants Co-Owner Michael Buble Appointed to the Order of British Columbia - Vancouver Giants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Keith McCambridge Named Giants Associate Coach
- Associate Coach Jamie Heward Leaves Giants
- Giants Loan Krz Plummer to AJHL's Whitecourt Wolverines
- Giants Loan Justin Lies to SJHL's Flin Flon Bombers
- Bowen Byram Invited to Canada's National Junior Team Selection Camp