Georgia Swarm Hire Mitch Ried as First-Ever Chief Revenue Officer
(ATLANTA) - The 2017 NLL World Champion Georgia Swarm are proud to announce that they have brought on Mitch Ried as the franchise's first-ever Chief Revenue Officer. In his new role, Ried will oversee all revenue and marketing channels for the Swarm.
Ried brings an extensive wealth of experience and success with multiple professional sports franchises, most notably the Atlanta Hawks and Cleveland Cavaliers.
Ried has received numerous sales awards from the National Basketball Association, American Hockey League and Arena Football League. He is the only person in NBA history to lead two franchises to post the highest annual group sales revenue, with the Cavaliers in 2015 and the Hawks in 2013. Prior to joining the Swarm, Ried helped launch the Atlanta Legends as the Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service.
"We're enthusiastic about welcoming Mitch into the Swarm family," Swarm Co-Owner and President Andy Arlotta said. "He brings an impressive amount of experience to the Swarm and has a deep understanding of the Atlanta sports market. We at the Swarm have proven ourselves on and off the floor, and this franchise is ready to move to the next level. We feel that Mitch can help us make that progress."
"I'm extremely thankful to John and Andy Arlotta for giving me the opportunity to be part of this great organization," Ried said. "I've seen the impressive strides the Swarm have made since I returned to Atlanta, and we're looking forward to taking the franchise to new heights."
From 2013-18, Ried was the Vice President of Business Development for the Cavaliers, overseeing their multi-sport organization, which includes the Cleveland Monsters, Cleveland Gladiators, Canton Charge and the Quicken Loans Arena.
Before working in Cleveland, Ried spent 10 years working in professional sports in Atlanta. For nine years, he worked with the Atlanta Hawks, Atlanta Thrashers and then-Phillips Arena.
A graduate of Ball State University, Ried received degrees in Athletic Administration and Marketing. He currently resides in Mableton, Ga. with his wife Crystal and their son Duncan.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from April 3, 2019
- Seals Announce Game Time Changes - San Diego Seals
- NLL Announces Game Time Changes - NLL
- Rush Season Tickets Now on Sale for 2019-2020 Season - Saskatchewan Rush
- Georgia Swarm Hire Mitch Ried as First-Ever Chief Revenue Officer - Georgia Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Georgia Swarm Stories
- Georgia Swarm Promote Shane Wilson to Creative Executive Producer
- Lyle Thompson, John Ranagan Named Nominees for 2018-19 NLL Season Awards
- A Message from the Swarm President
- Georgia Swarm Eliminated in East Division Semifinals by Toronto
- Georgia Swarm to Donate $50 Per Save on Monday to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta