Gens Withstand Attack on TCC in Overtime Victory
OSHAWA, ON - The Owen Sound Attack came to Oshawa for their lone appearance in the TCC this season. They last played in Owen Sound on January 20th and Oshawa took a 5-4 victory.
Generals Starting Five
Forward: Kyle MacLean - Brett Neumann - Oliver Suni
Defense: William Ennis - Nico Gross
Oshawa Generals - Jordan Kooy
Owen Sound Attack - Mack Guzda
Brett Neumann took a puck to the face in the mid part of the period. He was attempting a rush up the ice receiving a pass that deflected into his face. Neumann's gloves flew off and he headed towards the bench - but, being the fierce competitor that he is he didn't miss a shift.
The Attack recorded the lone goal in the period. Aidan Dudas sent a shot wide of the net that bounced off of the back boards and right to Barret Kirwin who one-timed a shot past Kooy.
The period ended 1-0 for the Attack who also lead with a 10-7 shot advantage.
Aidan Dudas had Kooy dead to rights, he had the puck in the slot did a spinorama with the whole net wide open, he hit the far post. Kooy made a big stop later in the period on a shorthanded chance from Adam McMaster on a shorthanded rush.
Brady Lyle potted his 18th goal of the season to bring the game to 2-0 for the Attack.
Allan McShane looked phenomenal throughout the frame, in particular nearly slipping one past Guzda on a rush.
A strong attempt on a Generals' powerplay was thwarted by strong goaltending and team defense from the Attack.
Cole Resnick rushed the puck up the ice but was successfully boxed out by Attack defenders, he spun and found rushing Ryan Gagnier who was breaking into the Owen Sound zone. Gagnier deked and launched a wrister past Guzda on the low blocker side.
Lleyton Moore followed suit only a minute-forty later, tying the game. He received a pass from Tullio and rushed the puck up ice. Just past the goal line he rifled a wrister to the twine.
Matthew Struthers scored on a strong individual effort to bring the lead back to Owen Sound.
McShane brought the game even with three minutes to go in regulation. Tullio dumped the puck into the corner where McShane was waiting
Neumann made a strong push top end the game in regulation with a hard rush up the ice. He was brought down by an Attack defender on a play in which the fans thought should have been whistled for a penalty.
The Gens found themselves on the powerplay in the extra frame and they iced Neumann, Tullio, Tomasino, and McShane. A lot of skill on the ice - very difficult to contain. Neumann sent a one timer on goal that sent cheers throughout the stands, but was actually stopped by Guzda.
Neumann was persistent following that near goal with an actual goal - lifting Oshawa to the win.
Oshawa Generals (4) - Owen Sound Attack (3)
94.9 The Rock
1 - Brady Lyle
2 - Lleyton Moore
3 - Aidan Dudas
International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
Hardest Working Player of the Game:
The next Generals home game is next Sunday, February 23rd, when the Windsor Spitfires make their way to the Tribute Communities Centre at 6:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 17, 2020
- Knights Topple League-Leading 67's - London Knights
- Petes Clinch Playoff Spot on Family Day - Peterborough Petes
- Campbell Records First Career Shutout as Otters Blank Steelheads 4-0 - Erie Otters
- Firebirds Break 7 Records in Game for 13th-Straight Win - Flint Firebirds
- Vierling's Venerable Effort Vaults Colts to Victory over Frontenacs - Barrie Colts
- Fronts Fall to Colts on Family Day - Kingston Frontenacs
- Gens Withstand Attack on TCC in Overtime Victory - Oshawa Generals
- Knights Take a Close One in Front of 6,903 Fans at TD Place - Ottawa 67's
- Steelheads Celebrate Family Day - Mississauga Steelheads
- Liam Hawel Leads Third Period Comeback As Ranger Beat Dogs 7-6 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Generals Edge out Attack 4-3 in Overtime in a Family Day Thriller - Owen Sound Attack
- Huge Comeback Win for the Rangers Leads to a 7-6 Win - Kitchener Rangers
- OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week: Cole Perfetti - Saginaw Spirit
- Spirit's Cole Perfetti Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- Preview: Firebirds Set to Battle Sarnia on Presidents/Family Day Monday Afternoon - Flint Firebirds
- Game Preview: Attack on TCC from Owen Sound at 2:05pm - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.