Generals Take 2-0 Series Lead in Oshawa
(Peterborough, ON) - It was another high scoring affair in Oshawa as the Generals took a 2-0 Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series lead with an 8-2 win over the Petes on Sunday night.
Oshawa went up 3-0 before Chris Paquette scored Peterborough's first goal of the post-season. The Petes' second goal was Dustin Hutton's first of his OHL career.
Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Semyon Der-Arguchintsev assisted on both Peterborough goals, while Michael Little and Erik ?ermák had single assists.
Petes goalie Tye Austin made 22 saves after replacing Hunter Jones in the first period. Final shots were 32-27 for Oshawa.
The Petes were 1/5 on the power play and 3/4 on the penalty kill.
The Eastern Conference Quarter-Final shifts to the Peterborough Memorial Centre for games three and four on Tuesday, March 26 and Thursday, March 28, with both games taking place at 7:05pm.
Tickets for games three and four are on sale now and are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Petes Season Ticket Members are reminded that tickets for home games one and two (series games three and four) are included in their season ticket package. They are encouraged to pre-authorize payment for subsequent games and rounds through the playoff pre-authorization process. Season ticket members should contact Mike Kosciesza at (705) 743-3681 ext. 263 or by email with any questions regarding pre-authorization.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2019
- Hayton Sparks Hounds to Series Lead - Soo Greyhounds
- Attack Fall to the Greyhounds, Trail Series 2-1 - Owen Sound Attack
- Home Ice a Welcome Sight - North Bay Battalion
- Wolves Look to Continue Successful Playoff Hunt Wednesday - Sudbury Wolves
- Knights' Evan Bouchard Named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
- OHL Announces Disciplinary Action - OHL
- Free Peterborough This Week Cheer Cards at Thursday's Playoff Game - Peterborough Petes
- Generals Take 2-0 Series Lead in Oshawa - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Petes 2019 Pre-Season Schedule to Include Cavan Monaghan Community Centre Grand Opening
- Three Ways to Guarantee Tickets to the 2019 Petes Home Opener
- Zach Gallant Signs Entry-Level Contract with San Jose Sharks
- Petes Select David Maier in 2019 CHL Import Draft
- Petes to Select 28th Overall in 2019 CHL Import Draft on Thursday