Generals Honour 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge With
Generals Honour 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge with Jerseys for Night of Remembrance Game in Partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada
November 7th, 2017
Oshawa, ON- The Oshawa Generals are proud to unveil our commemorative jersey in partnership with Wounded Warriors Canada for our Night of Remembrance game.
On Sunday, November 12th at 6:05pm, the Generals will face Ottawa and don camouflage jerseys for the evening. Following the game, the jerseys will be up for auction on the Generals eBay page, with all proceeds of the jersey sales going to Wounded Warriors Canada.
With the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge in 2017, the battle was the inspiration behind the commemorative jersey to honour and remember the sacrifices that were made by Canadian soldiers during its battle and all the service men and women who continue to serve for our country.
"We are proud to partner with the Oshawa Generals on their Night of Remembrance game. For Wounded Warriors Canada, partnerships make our mental health programs possible. This important event will allow us to honour those that made the ultimate sacrifice while raising funds and awareness to support our ill and injured Veterans, First Responders and their families." - Scott Maxwell, Executive Director, Wounded Warriors Canada.
Wounded Warriors Canada is a national mental health charity whose mission is to honour and support our ill and injured Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans, First Responders and their families. The organization provides a wide range of programs and services for individual members and families affected by Operational Stress Injuries. As a privately funded charity, the organization is made possible thanks to the care, compassion and generosity of Canadians and Canadian businesses from coast-to-coast.
"This game is a great opportunity for our organization to give back to Wounded Warriors Canada. They provide incredible programming for soldiers who have defended our country and we are so happy to play this small part in something so big their organization does for Veterans" said Vice President and General Manager, Roger Hunt.
Jerseys will go up for auction Sunday morning, November 12th at 10am on the Oshawa Generals eBay page.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 7, 2017
- Winterhawks' Cole Kehler named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - OHL
- Generals Honour 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge With - Oshawa Generals
- Colonel by Classic Media Credentials - Ottawa 67's
- Pats' Leschyshyn and Broncos' Sissons added to Team WHL for Game 2 of 2017 CIBC Canada Russia Series - OHL
- Flutie Brothers Band Headlines Grey Cup VIP Tailgate Party - Ottawa 67's
- Ottawa 67's - Ottawa 67's
- Saskatchewan product Lind leads WHL to victory in Moose Jaw - OHL
- Steelheads' Albert Michnac named OHL 'On the Run' Player of the Week - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Nando Eggenberger Commits to Generals
- Brewer and Wong to Join Future Generals Hockey Camp as Coaches
- OHL 20 in 20 Futures Watch: Oshawa Generals
- Gens Goaltending Coach Zac Bierk to Join the Arizona Coyotes
- Studnicka Invited to Hockey Canada 's World Junior Showcase