Garrett and Allen Net 20; Knicks Top Memphis, 108-97
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (19-13), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, boasted a 27-point lead before topping the Memphis Hustle (17-13), 108-97, Friday evening at the Westchester County Center.
Billy Garrett's team-high 20-point performance is his first since Oklahoma City (12/8) when he registered 24. He did so on 63.6-percent shooting which included four makes from distance. Two-Way Player, Kadeem Allen, also ended with 20 points which accompanied a team-high six assists, five rebounds and three steals.
Paul Watson added nine points, a team-high nine rebounds and a game-high four steals.
For Memphis, Yuta Watanabe posted a game-high 23 points and seven rebounds. Dusty Hannahs credited 21 points off the bench while Nino Johnson led all with a game-high 10 boards.
The win becomes just the second Knicks' victory over a Western Conference opponent who are now 2-6 in the category.
The Knicks battle another Western Conference foe in the Sioux Falls Skyforce tomorrow, January 26 at 7 PM inside the Westchester County Center.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/EyeFnAut9Bg
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from January 25, 2019
- Garrett and Allen Net 20; Knicks Top Memphis, 108-97 - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- Liberty Acquires Guard Tanisha Wright in Exchange for 2020 Second Round Pick
- Liberty Selects Louisville Guard Asia Durr 2nd Overall in WNBA Draft
- HSS Becomes First-Ever Jersey Patch Partner of the New York Liberty
- Teresa Weatherspoon to be Inducted into Naismith Memorial Hall of Fame
- Liberty Hire Former WNBA Player Charmin Smith as Assistant Coach