STARS vs. FORCE
When: Saturday, Dec. 3 at 6:05 p.m.
Where: The Ice Box
Watch: Flo Hockey (flohockey.tv/live/45826)
The Stars suffered their first home loss in over two months with last night's 4-1 defeat to Fargo. Lincoln's six-game home winning streak came to an end but the Stars are still 6-2 at the Ice Box. Lincoln's lone goal last night came in the second when Jared Mangan redirected a shot from Cole Crusberg-Roseen to put the Stars on the board first at the 7:22 mark.
Lincoln gets another crack at Fargo tonight and looks to bounce back. The Stars are 3-2 after losses this season with all three wins coming at the Ice Box.
The Force extended their point streak to nine games with last night's victory. Fargo's top line of Mac Swanson, Cole Knuble and Bret Link was held to one point with Link picking up one assist. Swanson's seven-game point streak came to an end while Knuble was held off the scoresheet for only the fifth time this season.
Fargo picked up its third consecutive road victory and improved to 7-1 on the road after last night's win. Charlie Russell has recorded a point in all eight road games with four goals and eight assists. He added two assists last night for his fourth multi-point game of the season.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
Peters On Home Ice: Stars forward Keaton Peters is second on the Stars with 10 goal and seven of them have come at the Ice Box, including each of his last four. Peters has not scored in his last three games, his longest stretch without a goal this season. Prior to last night he had scored in each of the last four home games.
Shots on Goal: The Force outshot the Stars 41-25 last night, including 21-10 in the second period. Lincoln is 6-2 when outshooting opponents but Fargo has not lost in regulation when being outshot, holding a 4-0-0-1 mark.
Ali Warming Up: Stars forward Brennan Ali recorded the secondary assist on Mangan's goal last night to pick up his third point in the last two games. He has moved from left win to center in these two games and has gotten back on the scoresheet after four consecutive games without a point prior. Ali opened the season up with points in six-of-his-first-eight games.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 3, 2022
- Two Ppg Propel Stars Past Fargo - Lincoln Stars
- The Aftermath: Werner Breaks Record in Storm Win - Tri-City Storm
- Capitols Snap Skid, Beat U-17's 6-1 - Madison Capitols
- Tri-City Edges Out Omaha In 3-2 Loss - Omaha Lancers
- Stampede Stop Hawks Again - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Herd's 3-1 Victory Sets The Team Up For An Away-Series Sweep Against Waterloo - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Five Different Musketeers Score in Bounce Back Win - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gameday Preview - Lincoln Stars
- Storm Set for Matchup against Lancers - Tri-City Storm
- Phantoms Cap Crazy Comeback With 5-4 Shootout Win - Youngstown Phantoms
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.