Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. London Knights
The Guelph Storm host the London Knights on Friday evening for their first of 2 games this weekend. Puck drop is at 7:30pm.
Coming into their weekend of games, the Storm sit in 6th place in the Western Conference with 63 points and are 4-0-1-1 in their last 6 games. Guelph sits 6 points behind the Windsor Spitifires for 5th place in the conference and are 4 points ahead of Owen Sound who sit in 7th place.
The London Knights clinched a playoff spot last night after defeating the Windsor Spitifires 4-2 and are 1st in the Western Conference with 78 points. The Knights have won 4 straight and are 17-2 since the beginning of January, with one of their losses coming from the Guelph Storm last week.
Get tickets to Guelph vs. London
HEAD TO HEAD
2019-20 Regular Season
LDN 2-1-0-0 GUE 1-2-0-0
2018-19 Regular Season
LDN 2-3-1-0 GUE 4-1-0-1
Last Five Years
LDN 19-7-1-0 GUE 8-16-2-1
Last Five Years At London Knights
LDN 10-4-0-0 GUE 4-9-1-0
Last Five Years At Guelph Storm
LDN 9-3-1-0 GUE 4-7-1-1
LAST 5 GAMES
London Knights Guelph Storm
Season Record 38-14-1-1 28-19-2-5
Last 10 Games 9-1-0-0 6-2-1-1
Streak 4-0-0-0 1-0-0-0
Last Game 4-2 W @ Windsor (2020-02-20) Final 3-2 W vs Sault Ste. Marie (2020-02-17) Final SO
Home Record 19-7-1-0 15-9-1-1
Away Record 19-7-0-1 13-10-1-4
Goals For 232 182
Goals Against 168 166
Power Plays 55/206 (26.7%) 38/201 (18.91%)
Power Plays - Home 30/107 (28.04%) 16/107 (14.95%)
Power Plays - Away 25/99 (25.25%) 22/94 (23.4%)
Penalty Killing 32/204 (15.69%) 34/186 (18.28%)
Penalty Killing - Home 13/99 (86.87%) 15/86 (82.56%)
Penalty Killing - Away 19/105 (81.9%) 19/100 (81%)
Leading Rookie Steklov (2-5-7) Bakanov (11-12-23)
Most Penalty Minutes Cole Tymkin Pavel Gogolev
Team PIM/GM 10.9/54 8.5/54
Players to Watch
Guelph Storm - Pavel Gogolev
Pavel Gogolev is enjoying a fantastic season for the Guelph Storm with new career highs in goals (38), assists (45) and points (83). Since being traded to the Storm last year, Pavel has 41 goals and 51 assists for 92 points in 62 games and has scored 21% of the teams goals this season.
London Knights - Connor McMichael
Drafted by the Washing Capitals in the 1st round (25th overall) in last years NHL draft, Connor has set new career highs in goals (41), assists (51) and points (92) so far this season in 44 games played. Connor is 4th in the league in total points and 3rd in the league in goals scored.
The Storm return home on Sunday afternoon against the Niagara Ice Dogs at 2:00pm before they head to London on Wednesday night for a 7:00pm game. Guelph hosts the Erie Otters next Friday February 28th at 7:30pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from February 21, 2020
- Preview: Firebirds Host Kitchener Saturday in Flint - Flint Firebirds
- Spirit Reach Double-Digit Goals for Second Time this Season in Victory - Saginaw Spirit
- Steelheads Can't Slow Red Hot Firebirds - Mississauga Steelheads
- Otters a Goal Short in Comeback Bid, Rangers Hang on 4-3 - Erie Otters
- Wellwood Becomes Firebirds All-Time Winningest-Coach with 15th-Straight Victory Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Rangers Score Three in the Second to Beat the Otters 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Garreffa's Hat-Trick Propels 67's to Big Bounce Back Win in the Soo - Ottawa 67's
- IceDogs to Host "Night School" Game on March 7th - Niagara IceDogs
- Preview: Firebirds Face-Off vs. Steelheads in Mississauga Friday - Flint Firebirds
- Win over Windsor Sends Knights to Playoffs - London Knights
- Game Day Preview: Spirit Face Byfield, Wolves Saturday in Sudbury - Saginaw Spirit
- Game Preview: Guelph Storm vs. London Knights - Guelph Storm
- Cooper Way Commits to the Generals - Oshawa Generals
- Cardwell Sinks His Former Team in Thrilling 6-5 Overtime Victory - Barrie Colts
- Petes Come up Short against Bulldogs - Peterborough Petes
- Spitfires Fall to Rival London 4-2 - Windsor Spitfires
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.