Game Preview: Gens Open Round One against Petes Tonight with Game 1 at Home at 7:35pm
The Generals kick off the post-season tonight with Game 1 against the Peterborough Petes at the Tribute Communities Centre. Finishing the regular season with a 43-20-4-0 record and going 7-2-1-0 in their final ten games, the Gens look to carry their momentum into the playoffs and open the series with a win at home over the rival Petes.
In the 2018-2019 season series between the two clubs, the Generals had the upper hand by a large margin. The team came away with a 6-1-1-0 record in their 8 games played against the Petes including several big wins. In those 8 regular season contests, the Gens generated tons of offense with 41 goals while limiting Peterborough to 24.
Two Gens who showed continued success against the Petes throughout the season were the team-leading scorer Brandon Saigeon and forward Allan McShane. Saigeon recording 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 points in 9 games (as a member of the Gens and Bulldogs), while McShane had no problem finding the back of the net with 7 goals and 10 points in 6 games versus the rival team.
A couple of Generals players to keep an eye on in tonight's game who are carrying in hot streaks from the end of the regular season include Brett Neumann and Allan McShane. Neumann finished his fourth campaign in the league strong, potting 2 goals in each of his final two games. As the Generals player tied with the most post-season games played in his OHL career along with his current tear, look for Neumann to be a key factor in Game 1. McShane also finished the season strong, potting an amazing 7 goals in the last 9 games of the season and putting up an incredible 5-point performance in the final game. Concluding the regular season with 34 goals and 69 points, keep an eye on McShane in Game 1 as he'll look to continue to find the back of the net and help drive the team's offense.
Join us at the Tribute Communities Centre tonight for the 7:35pm puck drop to watch the intense rivalry unfold as the Gens face off against the Petes for Game 1 of the first round! After tonight, the two teams will remain in Oshawa for Game 2 this Sunday at 6:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Generals Wallop Petes, 7-0, in Game One - Oshawa Generals
- 67's Thump Bulldogs to Open Playoffs with 9-3 Win - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Drop Game One against the Storm, 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Free Illuminated Thunder Sticks for First 2,000 Fans at Tuesday's Playoff Game - Peterborough Petes
- Game Preview: Gens Open Round One against Petes Tonight with Game 1 at Home at 7:35pm - Oshawa Generals
- Post Season Preview Round 1: Gens vs. Petes - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Generals See Season End in OT
- Game Preview: Gens Aim to Keep Their Season Alive Tonight at Home against 67's in Game 4 at 7:05pm
- Orientation Camp Recap
- Generals Topped by Ottawa, Down 3-0 in Series
- Game Preview: Gens Look for First Win of the Series Tonight against 67's at Home at 6:05pm