Game Preview: Fever Match up with New-Look Liberty on Thursday
The New York Liberty went through a roster overhaul during the offseason ahead of the 2020 regular season. Led by first-year Head Coach Walt Hopkins, the Liberty enter 2020 as the second youngest team in the WNBA with an average player age at 24.4 years.
The Liberty roster features seven rookies, including the first overall pick from the 2020 WNBA Draft, Sabrina Ionescu. The rookie from Oregon will not be available on Thursday due to a sprained left ankle.
The Liberty also signed guard Paris Kea on Saturday. Kea was drafted in the third round of the 2019 draft by Indiana, played 11 games and shot 55.6 percent from 3-point range.
New York fell to the Sparks last time out on Tuesday, 93-78. Jazmine Jones scored a career-high 24 points for the Liberty, which also turned it over 26 times on the evening.
Thursday will be the first of two regular season meetings between New York and Indiana. The two teams will conclude its regular-season series on Thursday, September 10.
HOW TO WATCH:
Thursday's game will be streamed live at no cost to fans at FeverBasketball.com, on the Indiana Fever's Facebook page, or via the Fever app. Pat Boylan will be joined by Tully Bevilaqua and will bring you the action from Indianapolis.
Fans can also watch on FOX Sports Indiana.
QUESTIONABLE - Natalie Achonwa (Right Hamstring)
OUT - Stephanie Mavunga (Facial Injury), Victoria Vivians (Right Knee), Erica Wheeler (WNBA Medical Protocol)
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from August 12, 2020
- Game Preview: Fever Match up with New-Look Liberty on Thursday - Indiana Fever
- Sun Slide Past Wings 70-66 - Dallas Wings
- Chicago Sky Waive Stella Johnson - Chicago Sky
- Chicago Leaders Pledge to Match Sky Players Donations to #SkyTakesAction Initiative - Chicago Sky
- New York Liberty 8/11 Postgame Notes vs. Los Angeles - New York Liberty
- High Scoring First Half Not Enough for Fever against Aces - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.