Gamblers Trade Goaltender
The Green Bay Gamblers announced on Thursday that they have traded goaltender Evan Fear to the Waterloo Black Hawks. In exchange the Gamblers receive defenseman Mason Lohrei and a third-round pick in the 2019 Phase II USHL Entry Draft.
Lohrei (1/17/01) was selected by Waterloo in the 2018 USHL Phase 1 draft. Lohrei is currently a member of the Culver Military Academy Prep team. In 2017-18, the Verona, Wisconsin native appeared in 46 games with Culver, producing 22 points (7g & 15a). Lohrei, who is committed to Ohio State, is expected to be in Green Bay for the 2019-2020 campaign.
Fear leaves the Gamblers after posting a mark of 10-9-4 to accompany 3.33 goals against average and .899 save percentage. Committed to Quinnipiac University for next season, Fear was twice named the USHL Goaltender of the Week.
The Gamblers travel to Kearney, Nebraska this weekend for a pair of games versus the Tri City Storm. Both games will be televised at the Drift Inn (1535 N. Ashland Ave. DePere). Start time on Friday and Saturday is 7:05 PM.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2019
- RoughRiders Trade Almquist - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
- Weekend Primer: Saints Rumble with RoughRiders During Home and Home - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Gamblers Trade Goaltender - Green Bay Gamblers
- Black Hawks Trade for Goalie Evan Fear - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.