Gamblers to Raise Funds for Multiple Sclerosis
The Green Bay Gamblers and Madison Capitols are teaming up this weekend to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis. A portion of ticket proceeds from the Gamblers home game on Friday will be donated to MS. The game is presented by Marco.
Former Gambler and Wisconsin Badger AJ Degenhardt will be at the game on Friday. Degenhardt was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2011. MS is a disease of the central nervous system in which the body's immune system eats away at the protective covering of nerves.
"It's been a struggle to cope with, especially early on," says Degenhardt. "I am very thankful for the amount of support I've received from family, friends, and the organizations I've been a part of my entire life. Their support keeps me positive every day in this fight."
Fans also have the chance to take part in an online auction to raise funds for Degenhardt and MS. Items include:
- San Jose Sharks team-signed jersey on behalf of Joe Pavelski, including autographs from Pavelski, Joe Thorton, Erik Karlsson, and Brent Burns
- Philadelphia Flyers team-signed jersey on behalf of Brian Elliott with signatures from Elliott, Sean Couturier, Claude Giroux, and Ryan Hartman (USNTDP '10-'12)
- Chicago Blackhawks 2019-20 ticket package on behalf of Adam Burish
- University of Wisconsin - Madison 2018-19 team-signed jersey, 2018-19 team-signed stick, and 2019-20 "Evening At A Game" ticket package on behalf of Tony Granato
Auction will go "Live" on Wednesday. Click on the link below to access the auction page:
Start time at the Resch Center is 7:05 PM. Fans 21 years of age and older can enjoy the Miller Lite beer special. For tickets go to the Resch Center box office or go online to gamblershockey.com Box office hours are Monday - Thursday, 11:00 - 5:00 PM and Friday beginning at 11:00 AM. For group tickets and beverage inclusive seating contact Greg at 405-1150.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from April 9, 2019
- Lucas Herrmann Announces Commitment to University of New Hampshire - Madison Capitols
- Waterloo Black Hawks Weekly Preview - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel Playoff Ticket Offer to Benefit Special Olympics Illinois - Chicago Steel
- Musketeers Making a Title Push - Sioux City Musketeers
- Black Hawks Announce Team Awards - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Set to Host Fan Appreciation Weekend as Anderson Cup Champions - Tri-City Storm
- Capitols and Gamblers Team up to Raise Money for AJ Degenhardt & MS - Madison Capitols
- Gamblers to Raise Funds for Multiple Sclerosis - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.