Gamblers Thrash the Capitols 4-0
In the second game of the weekend series against the Capitols, Green Bay came prepared to get their second win of the weekend. After a slow first period for both teams, Green Bay would find their grove in the second and third periods to end the night with a 4-0 victory.
In the first period, Green Bay was unable to find the back of the net after outshooting the Capitols 14-7. Both teams would also see a total of four penalty minutes per side.
In a more physical second period that saw even more penalty minutes, Green Bay would finally find a way to sound the horn. The first goal of the period for the Gamblers came from Nicholas Zabaneh, his eighth of the season. Chad Hillebrand would add another for the Gamblers, his second of the weekend and his tenth of the season.
After a strong second period, Green Bay would look to finish off the night in the third. Green Bay would stay hot in the third starting off with Dylan Moulton finding the back of the net for the first time this season five minutes into the final period. Camden Thiesing would score the final goal of the night for the Gamblers and close out the victory. Gavin Enright would save 16 of the 16 shots that he faced and would complete the shutout.
Green Bay is on the road next weekend for a three-game series against Youngstown. The games can be watched on www.hockeytv.com. Puck drops at 7:05 pm on Friday and Saturday. The game starts at 5:05 pm on Sunday. Green Bay heads back to the Resch on January 31st to take on Fargo, with the puck dropping at 7:05 pm. Tickets are available at www.gamblershockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Gamblers Thrash the Capitols 4-0 - Green Bay Gamblers
- Deluca's Late Tally Lifts Phantoms over Tri-City - Youngstown Phantoms
- Dubuque Defeats Hawks 4-1 - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Portillo's 38 Saves Help Dubuque Defeat Waterloo 4-1 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Storm Drop Final Game of Weekend - Tri-City Storm
- Lumberjacks Complete Weekend Sweep with a 3-2 Win, Extend Winning Streak to Four Games - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Stars Add Defenseman Tadeas Talafa to Active Roster - Lincoln Stars
- Preview: Storm Seek Weekend Sweep over Phantoms - Tri-City Storm
- Steel Edge Omaha 5-4 In Overtime, Stretch Win Streak To 12 Games - Chicago Steel
- James and Schade's First USHL Goals Help Stars Defeat Team USA 6-3 - Lincoln Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.