Gamblers Fight off the Saints and Win 4-3
Following a 4-2 loss to Dubuque, Green Bay looked to bounce back against the second-best team in the Eastern Conference. After a fast start that saw the Gamblers jump to a 3-0 lead, Dubuque would end up tying the game early into the third period. With about twelve minutes remaining in the game, Mason Lohrei would score the game-winning goal. The star of the other highlight of the night was the annual Reschminster Oaks Wiener Dog Race. 32 dogs took the ice this season. Willow came out on top with a blistering pace.
About four minutes into the first period Kyler Grundy would get things started for the Gamblers with his 8th goal of the season. The Gamblers would keep their foot on the gas throughout the entire period. About 4 minutes after the first goal Jake Schmaltz would increase the lead with his 11th goal of the season. Before the period was over Alex Servagno (9) would add another.
With a 3-0 lead heading into the second-period things were looking promising for the Gamblers. However, Dubuque would not go down quietly. Seven and half minutes into the second the Fighting Saints would get their first goal on the night. About six minutes later and they would add another. It was a slow period for the Gamblers, but they would take a 3-2 lead into the final period.
At the start of the third Green Bay was looking to hold onto the lead and come away with the two points on the night. Dubuque would score the equalizer two minutes into the third period. With momentum on Dubuque's side, things were looking bleak for the Gamblers. The Gamblers would not give up and with about twelve minutes remaining Mason Lohrei would fire the puck into the back of the net. The Gamblers would hold on from there to finish the game with the 4-3 victory. Gavin Enright was in net tonight saving 34 of the 37 shots he faced.
Gamblers are on the road for the next two weeks to take on Madison, Des Moines, and Omaha. These games are available to watch on www.hockeytv.com. They will be back at the Resch Center on March 6th and March 7th when they take on Lincoln. Tickets are available at www.gamblershockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 15, 2020
- Gamblers Fight off the Saints and Win 4-3 - Green Bay Gamblers
- Storm Defeat Capitols 5-2 - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Clinch CR Series - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Wiener Dogs Top Buccaneers Before Capacity Crowd - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Stars Sweep Musketeers in Weekend Series with 3-1 Victory - Lincoln Stars
- Dubuque's Comeback Bid Falls Short, Gamblers Win 4-3 - Dubuque Fighting Saints
- Phantoms Use Explosive Second Period to Top Muskegon 5-4 - Youngstown Phantoms
- Tri-City Storms Past Madison, 5-2 - Madison Capitols
- Pitlick Scores Early But Jacks Fall on Road for Second Night to Youngstown - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Preview: Storm Back in Action for Weekend Series against Madison - Tri-City Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.