Gamblers Fall in Home Opener
Tonight, the Green Bay Gamblers opened up their home schedule against the Waterloo Black Hawks. The game was physical throughout with several big hits. It was a tight low scoring affair until the Black Hawks scores late and then added an empty net goal late in the final period. The final score of the game was Black Hawks 3 - Gamblers 1.
Waterloo opened up the scoring just six minutes into the first. It was a quiet game from then on with no scoring until midway through the third. Alex Servagno scored his second goal of the season at the five- and half-minute mark in the third. However, with just four minutes left in the third the Black Hawks found the back of the net again. The Black Hawks would put the game away with an empty net goal.
The Gamblers head to Illinois tomorrow to face the Chicago Steel. Puck drops at 7:05 pm on October 5th. The game can be watched on https://www.hockeytv.com/#/. The Gamblers are back at the Resch Center next weekend when they face Chicago again on Friday, October 11th and Des Moines on October 12th. Puck drops at 7:05 pm for both games.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 7, 2019
- Scouts Note a Half-Dozen Hawks - Waterloo Black Hawks
- USA Weekly: Team USA Ready to Regroup with U17 Home Opener - U.S. National Team
- Seven Sioux City Musketeers Players on NHL Central Scouting Watch List - Sioux City Musketeers
- Ten Chicago Steel Players on NHL Central Scouting Watch List - Chicago Steel
- Gamblers Fall in Home Opener - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Gamblers Stories
- Hockey Returns to Titletown
- Gamblers Name New President
- Four Players with Gambler Ties Selected in 2020 NHL Draft
- Gamblers Add Two Games
- Gamblers Unveil Roster