Gamblers Add Steve Palmer to Coaching Staff
(Green Bay, WI) -The Green Bay Gamblers are pleased to announce Steve Palmer has been named to the team's coaching staff as an assistant coach. Palmer spent the past year serving as an assistant coach with the Muskegon Lumberjacks. With the Gamblers, Palmer will work with all facets of the hockey program.
"I first had the opportunity to work with Steve on the University of Denver staff and I look forward to working with him again," said Gamblers head coach Derek Lalonde. "He brings a wealth of hockey knowledge with his USHL and collegiate coaching experience and his extensive playing background. Steve has a bright coaching future."
Prior to his time in Muskegon, Palmer served as a volunteer assistant coach at the University of Denver during the 2009-10 season. The Pioneers earned berths to both the WCHA Final Five and the NCAA Tournament and finished the season ranked fifth in the nation. Under head coach George Gwozdecky, Palmer assisted in many facets of the coaching staff's daily operation both on and off the ice.
Professionally, Palmer amassed more than 500 points over a 13-year career in Europe, which ended after the 2008-09 season with EV Duisburg and Kassel of the German Elite League.
In the collegiate ranks, Palmer tallied 134 points over his four-year playing career at Clarkson University in Potsdam, NY, during which his teams won at least 20 games every season and made three NCAA Tournament appearances.
Palmer was a two-time Academic All-American and a Rhodes Scholarship nominee, and earned his bachelor's degree in engineering and management.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2013
- Stampede Top Gamblers 2-1 in Green Bay - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Storm Score Three Times During Second in Rout - Tri-City Storm
- Second Period Surge Pushes Lancers 5-1 Past Des Moines - Omaha Lancers
- Indiana Ice suffer 6-4 defeat - Indiana Ice
- Lindskoug and Cox Carry the Lumberjacks to Road Victory in Ann Arbor 3-1 - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Gamblers Add Steve Palmer to Coaching Staff - Green Bay Gamblers
- Hawks Succeed Through Stormy Third - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.