Fuel Trade Rights to Pierog to Worcester
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indy Fuel, proud ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL's Rockford IceHogs announced Tuesday that they have traded the rights to forward Nic Pierog to the Worcester Railers, AHL affiliate of the Springfield Falcons, in exchange for future considerations.
Pierog, 28, joins the Railers after he spent the 2020-21 season with the Fuel. The Georgetown, Ontario native played 61 games in Indy tallying 24 goals and 21 assists, serving as the team's alternate captain. Following his season in Indy, Pierog signed an American Hockey League contract with the Springfield Falcons for the 2021-22 season.
Opening Night of the 2021-22 Indy Fuel season arrives on October 23, and Ticket Plans are now on sale! Lock up your seat for every second of the action with a Fuel Ticket Plan. Grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL. Don't forget to follow the Fuel on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and TikTok (IndyFuel) for news, updates, contests and much more throughout the 2021-22 season.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 19, 2021
- ECHL Transactions - October 19 - ECHL
- Fuel Trade Rights to Pierog to Worcester - Indy Fuel
- Everblades Welcome Back Cam Johnson - Florida Everblades
- Worcester Railers HC to Host Opening Night Block Party on Saturday, Oct 23. - Worcester Railers HC
- Steelheads Announce 2021-22 Broadcast Rights, Radio Show - Idaho Steelheads
- Trio of Players Assigned to South Carolina - South Carolina Stingrays
- Heartlanders Announce Goals for Good Program - Iowa Heartlanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.