Free Illuminated Thunder Sticks for First 2,000 Fans at Tuesday's Playoff Game
(Peterborough, ON) - While the Petes will begin the 2019 Eastern Conference Quarter-Final on the road in Oshawa on Friday and Sunday, exciting plans are already in place for game three of the first round playoff series to take place on Tuesday, March 26 at 7:05pm at the Peterborough Memorial Centre.
The first 2,000 fans through the doors for Tuesday's game will receive a set of illuminated thunder stick noisemakers thanks to Ricart Promotions and Recognition and the Petes Education Fund.
Game three of the series is proudly sponsored by Lakeview Bowl. One lucky fan will win a bowling package for six in a first intermission ice bowling contest.
Fans will be entertained by the Crestwood Drumline as they enter the PMC, and the music will continue inside the rink with pre-game and intermission performance by Duncan Ivany and The North Coast Band and Jordan King of Maple Grove.
Fans can support SickKids' Labatt Family Heart Centre, in memory of Maverick Willett, through a fundraising chuck-a-puck to take place in the second intermission of Tuesday's contest. The Willett Family will also take part in a pre-game ceremonial puck drop.
Tuesday's national anthem will be performed by students of St. Catherine Catholic Elementary School. Police Sergeant John Townsend of the Peterborough Police Service will pump up the crowd at puck drop as the game's honourary drum captain.
Tickets for Tuesday's game, as well as game four on Thursday, March 28 at 7:05pm, are on sale now and are available through the Baker Tilly Box Office in person, over the phone at (705) 743-3561, and online.
Petes Season Ticket Members are reminded that tickets for home games one and two (series games three and four) are included in their season ticket package. They are encouraged to pre-authorize payment for subsequent games and rounds through the playoff pre-authorization process. Season ticket members should contact Mike Kosciesza at (705) 743-3681 ext. 263 or by email with any questions regarding pre-authorization.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 22, 2019
- Generals Wallop Petes, 7-0, in Game One - Oshawa Generals
- 67's Thump Bulldogs to Open Playoffs with 9-3 Win - Ottawa 67's
- Rangers Drop Game One against the Storm, 4-2 - Kitchener Rangers
- Free Illuminated Thunder Sticks for First 2,000 Fans at Tuesday's Playoff Game - Peterborough Petes
- Game Preview: Gens Open Round One against Petes Tonight with Game 1 at Home at 7:35pm - Oshawa Generals
- Post Season Preview Round 1: Gens vs. Petes - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Liam Kirk Named to Great Britain's World Championship Roster
- Eight Petes Prospects Named to 2019 OHL Gold Cup Rosters
- Jones and Robertson Listed on NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Petes Select Three Players in the 2019 OHL Under-18 Priority Selection
- Petes to Add Prospects Through 2019 OHL Under-18 Priority Selection on Wednesday