Free Drawstring Bags for Fans as Petes Kick off Second Half on Saturday
Free Drawstring Bags for Fans as Petes Kick Off Second Half on Saturday Petes to honour Emergency Services personnel at game sponsored by Wawanesa Insurance
Peterborough, ON - The Peterborough Petes will begin the second half of their home schedule on Saturday, December 30 at 7:05pm against the Ottawa 67's.
The game is sponsored by Wawanesa Insurance, the Official Auto/Home Insurance Company of the Canadian and Ontario Hockey Leagues. They'll be handing out free drawstring bags to the first 1,800 fans through the doors. Two lucky fans will get the opportunity to race remote control cars for the chance to win a $150 Petes Store gift card, courtesy of Wawanesa Insurance.
Police, fire, and paramedic service men and women from Peterborough and the surrounding area will all be represented at Saturday's game. Members of the Peterborough Paramedics Flag Party will take part in a pre-game ceremony, while Peterborough Northumberland Crime Stoppers will conduct a ceremonial puck drop. Chief Murray Rodd will be recognized for his work with the Peterborough Police service during the game's second intermission.
Additionally, over 400 Selwyn Township residents will be on hand to take in the team's last home game of 2017.
Finalists in the 2018 Snofest Idol contest will be providing entertainment in the arena's main lobby before the game. Finalist Grace Hatherly, along with Jalen Brink (Lakefield District Public School) and Abby Dale (St. Martin Catholic Elementary School) will perform the national anthem.
Game tickets are available starting at $8 through the Collins Barrow PMC Box Office, online, or by phone at (705) 743-3561.
Petes Holiday Flex Packs are available while supplies last. Receive four regular bowl flex vouchers to be used between December 30 and January 20, as well as two Petes rocks glasses for just $59.99, a savings of over 40%.
Don't forget to download the free Petes Mobile App, available for iPhone or Android devices.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2017
- Firebirds Earn Second Consecutive Victory With 3-2 Triumph Over London Before A Sold Out Crowd of 4, - Flint Firebirds
- BULLDOGS EXTEND WIN STREAK TO SIX WITH 8-4 WIN OVER MISSISSAUGA - Hamilton Bulldogs
- 67's Edged by Frontenacs in Kingston - Ottawa 67's
- OHL this Week for Dec 28, 2017, to Jan 1, 2018 - OHL
- Free Drawstring Bags for Fans as Petes Kick off Second Half on Saturday - Peterborough Petes
- Bulldogs Acquire Riley Stillman from the Oshawa Generals - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Generals Trade Riley Stillman to Bulldogs - Oshawa Generals
- Flint Firebirds Receive Commitment from Forward Eric Uba - Flint Firebirds
- OHL Cup Powered by Under Armour Minor Midget Top-10 Rankings - OHL
- The game marks the 50th anniversary of the club's inaugural game in 1967 - Ottawa 67's
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Nick Robertson Selected to Represent USA at 2018 Hlinka Gretzky Cup
- Fans Can Win Tickets to 2018-19 Home Opener in 'Petes Postcard' Contest
- Petes Select Liam and Erik Cermak in 2018 CHL Import Draft
- Six Petes Taking Part in NHL Development Camps this Week
- Two Petes Selected in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft