Forward Mason Shaw Undergoes Successful Surgery
DES MOINES, IOWA - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton announced forward Mason Shaw underwent a successful left knee anterior cruciate ligament revision procedure yesterday by Dr. Joel Boyd at TRIA Orthopaedic Center.
Shaw suffered the injury in Game 3 of the Iowa Wild's Calder Cup Playoff game against the Milwaukee Admirals on April 25. He tallied 33 points (8g, 25a) in 76 regular season games and added one goal in three playoff games with Iowa this season. He was the only player to appear in every regular season game for Iowa this season and just the third rookie in franchise history to do so. Shaw's 25 assists and 33 points led all Iowa rookies.
The Iowa Wild 2018-19 season is presented by MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center and runs from October through April. For more information, please contact the Wild office by calling 515-564-8700 or by visiting www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 7, 2019
- Marlies Advance to Eastern Conference Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Monsters End Season with 6-2 Loss to Marlies in Game 4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Mattheos' Late Winner Gives Checkers 3-0 Series Lead - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Pushes Bears to Brink in Game 3 - Hershey Bears
- Marlies Set for Game Four of North Division Finals - Toronto Marlies
- Forward Mason Shaw Undergoes Successful Surgery - Iowa Wild
- Flames Sign Carl-Johan Lerby - Stockton Heat
- Blue Jackets Assign Forward Alexandre Texier to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Game Preview: Checkers at Bears, 7 p.m. (Round 2, Game 3) - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.