Forward Madison FC Extends Unbeaten Run to Five Games
It's now been nearly a month since Forward Madison FC last lost a game. The team continued their unbeaten streak by drawing Chattanooga Red Wolves SC 2-2 on a wet night in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
It was an uphill battle throughout most of the match, as the Flamingos gave up a goal in the second minute of the game after a defensive mix-up. Red Wolves' Conor Doyle pounced on the loose ball and put Chattanooga in the early lead.
Things got flipped completely on their head ten minutes into the second half. Chattanooga's goalkeeper Alex Mangels came far off his line in an attempt to clear the ball. Forward Madison's Mason Toye was first and put in a long shot that hit the inside of the post, rebounded off the face of a Red Wolves defender and nestled itself in the back of the net. Just two minutes later, a lucky bounce found its way to the feet of Madison's Josiel Nunez who calmly slotted it home to give Forward the lead. The lead unfortunately didn't last long as Eamon Zayed was first to a loose ball after a Brian Sylvestre save and leveled the score.
2' - Conor Doyle (1-0 Chattanooga)
53' - Vangjel Zguro own goal (1-1)
55' - Josiel Nunez (1-2 Madison)
56' - Eamon Zayed (2-2)2)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from May 11, 2019
- Gallardo, Mwape Score to Lead Kickers Past Tucson - Richmond Kickers
- Forward Madison FC Extends Unbeaten Run to Five Games - Forward Madison FC
- Orlando City B Falls Short in Texas - Orlando City B
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forward Madison FC Stories
- Forward Madison to Begin Small Group Training Wednesday
- Forward Madison Makes a Splash with 2020 Alternate Jersey
- Forward Madison, Wollersheim Wine Launch 'Chateau Mingeau' RosÃÂ©
- Forward Madison Launch 'Match for Madison'
- Forward Madison Cancels FC Augsburg Match, Hopes to Re-Schedule in 2021