Forward Madison 6-Game Unbeaten Streak Comes to An End
Forward Madison FC dropped a heartbreaker to South Georgia Tormenta 0-1. The team was coming off a six-game unbeaten streak but weren't able to keep it going in front of 3,762 Madisonians who came out to Breese Stevens Field.
FMFC were in control in the first half and creating great chances, the highlight being a 35-yard shot from JC Banks that Tormenta goalkeeper Pablo Jara managed to keep out with a great diving save to his right.
South Georgia took the lead thanks to Conner Antley's 50th minute goal off a corner kick that ricocheted off the crossbar before falling to the feet of Antley. With the addition of Paulo Junior and Don Smart to the field, FMFC got close on a couple of occasions, but the resulting formation change to three at the back made it much harder to control possession than in the first half. As a result, Tormenta's quick style of play created many more chances in open space as the match progressed to the final minutes.
50' - Conner Antley (Tormenta)
Forward Madison FC's inaugural season is here! The team plays at home again on May 24th vs. German Bundesliga side Hertha Berlin. Fans can get tickets by visiting the following link: https://www.forwardmadisonfc.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from May 18, 2019
- Tormenta FC Takes Down Forward Madison FC 1-0 on the Road - South Georgia Tormenta FC
- Forward Madison 6-Game Unbeaten Streak Comes to An End - Forward Madison FC
- Kickers Get Upended in Greenville - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forward Madison FC Stories
- Forward Madison Signs Trinidad and Tobago National Team Player Trimmingham
- Fans to Name Forward Madison's Team-Branded Wollersheim Wine
- Forward Madison to Play Three USL Championship Teams in Preseason
- Forward Madison Re-Signs Wisconsin Native Louis Bennett
- Forward Madison Adds League One Talent with Defender Lockaby