Forward Julien Nantel Returns to Colorado
WINDSOR, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that the team has re-signed forward Julien Nantel to an AHL contract for the 2019-20 season. Nantel posted one goal and three assists in 45 AHL games with Colorado during the 2018-19 season. He also collected six goals and three assists in 10 games with the ECHL's Utah Grizzlies last season.
The 22 year-old captured two ECHL Kelly Cup Championships with the Eagles during the 2016-17 and 2018-19 seasons. He has appeared in 152 total games in the American Hockey League, after collecting 11 goals and five assists in two seasons with the San Antonio Rampage.
Nantel was selected by the Avalanche in the seventh round of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. Prior to turning pro, he amassed 63 goals and 79 assists in 188 games in the QMJHL with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies and helped the Huskies to a QMJHL Championship in 2016.
The 2019-20 season begins when the Eagles host the Stockton Heat on Friday, October 4th at the Budweiser Events Center. Tickets for all regular season contests will go on sale to the general public on Friday, September 20th at 10am. Season tickets for the 2019-20 season are available now and can be reserved with a deposit of just $100 per seat by calling (970) 686-SHOT.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 23, 2019
- Phantoms Charities Urban Greenway Dedication July 24 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Moose Sign Goaltender Adam Carlson - Manitoba Moose
- Iowa Wild Announces Alex Tanguay as Assistant Coach - Iowa Wild
- Comets Ink Four to AHL Deals - Utica Comets
- Forward Julien Nantel Returns to Colorado - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Participating in 'Roc City Rumble' World Long Drive Event in Rochester Wednesday - Rochester Americans
- Devils Sign Defenseman Julian Melchiori to AHL Contract - Binghamton Devils
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.