Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson
TUCSON - The Tucson Sugar Skulls have signed veteran defensive lineman BJ Butler the 2021 Indoor Football League season.
DL BJ Butler (6'4", 310, University of Louisville) joins the Sugar Skulls for his fifth season in the IFL. After beginning his career with Billings and Sioux Falls, Butler spent the past three IFL seasons with the Iowa Barnstormers, under current Sugar Skulls Head Coach Dixie Wooten. Butler will be reunited with Coach Wooten, after playing a key role in Iowa's 2018 United Bowl Championship. Across his IFL career, Butler has totaled 119 tackles, 28.5 tackles-for-loss and 17 pass breakups.
Butler spent his college career at Louisville, where he became an immediate starter on the defensive line as a true freshman. Across a four-year college career, Butler established himself as a two-way player, regularly seeing time at tight end, fullback and all along the defensive line. During his preps career, the Kissimmee, Florida native also previously played quarterback for Osceola High School.
• Discuss this story on the Indoor Football League message board...
Indoor Football League Stories from November 30, 2020
- Former IFL Champion Defensive Lineman Butler Signs with Tucson - Tucson Sugar Skulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Sugar Skulls Stories
- Second-Year WR Frank Brown Signs with Tucson
- Former NFL First Round DD Elam Signs with Tucson
- Victis Health Signs Partnership with Sugar Skulls
- Proactive to Become Sugar Skulls' Physical Therapy Partner
- CW Tuson to Remain Broadcast Television Home of the Sugar Skulls